Gransnet forums

Webchats

Jane Cunningham aka BritishBeautyBlogger Q&A

(111 Posts)
GigiGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 24-Apr-14 15:18:12

Beauty writer, Jane Cunningham has blogged as British Beauty Blogger for six years as well as writing regularly for print. Her reputation for straight talking, no nonsense reviews and first beauty news has made Britishbeautyblogger.com one of the most respected and popular beauty blogs in the UK.

I wanted to say if a product was rubbish and not just discretely ‘not mention it’.. I just felt consumers had a right to know if they were throwing their money away.

Jane's main interest is make-up - she is an avid collector of limited editions - but her knowledge sits across the board on hair care, skin care, fragrance and treatments, including non-surgical treatments such as fillers or botox.

Post your skincare, beauty and hair care questions for Jane below by midday on May 8th

creative Tue 29-Apr-14 20:41:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

creative Tue 29-Apr-14 20:41:23

Elegran Tue 29-Apr-14 21:20:16

I think she may have heard you the first time, creative

Ana Tue 29-Apr-14 21:30:39

Blimey, I thought the number of posts on this thread had suddenly shot up! hmm

annodomini Tue 29-Apr-14 22:30:02

The same post 42 times? HQ - could you do something about deleting 41 of them, please?

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 30-Apr-14 09:02:12

annodomini

The same post 42 times? HQ - could you do something about deleting 41 of them, please?

'fraid we can't actually remove the posts - we've withdrawn them though.

lucid Wed 30-Apr-14 17:27:36

Can you tell me the difference between BB and CC creams please, and which would be the best brand to buy? I don't like wearing make-up but I've got some broken veins in my cheeks and I want to be able to cover them, ordinary foundation doesn't do the job. Thank you

naninahat Thu 01-May-14 08:46:48

What an exciting job! Do you have any advice about lipstick and whether there are better kinds of lipstick for older skin? There's so many types and brands to choose from now and I always go for a nice old fashioned twisty one but keep wondering if I should be being more adventurous. Also, do you have any tips on thinning hair sad

annodomini Thu 01-May-14 09:42:37

Lipstick - and I have tried many different brands - just disappear from my lips within just a couple of hours. This has been the case all my adult life, so perhaps there's not much I can do about it. What do you think?

goose1964 Thu 01-May-14 15:35:34

for mother's day my DS gave me some Dr Organics snail gel ,it sounds weird but it has had amazing effects on my wrinkles (not that i had many to start with) my crows feet have disappeared & the marionette lines (my worst) are a lot softer. Highly recommended & it smells like lemonade

mischief Thu 01-May-14 15:36:00

Talking of lipstick - I have started getting 'smokers lines' around my mouth and some lipsticks bleed into them. I have used 'Lipcote' for a while, which does work, but don't like the way it feels on my lips. Can you suggest a lipstick that will stay put and not leak please.

cupcake1 Thu 01-May-14 15:45:26

What are your views on the much advertised Venus Freeze product? I have (much hated) cheek wrinkles sad and wondered if this type of 'tightening' effect would help? Also what moisturizing cream would you suggest for a 60 something year old?
Many thanks,

Saffi Thu 01-May-14 17:31:05

Does anyone know of a 'mature' and expert beautician as I would love a facial and eyelash tint but feel uncomfortable in the usual glitzy places that provide these services for women. (It would be great if there were dedicated services for older women!) I live in Cambridgeshire near Norfolk border but happy to travel!

rubysong Thu 01-May-14 22:23:50

Any tips for improving the texture of a 'crepey' neck please?

mischief Fri 02-May-14 15:07:21

Oh yes Ruby you can add me to that list.

Ingrid45 Fri 02-May-14 22:35:27

i have really sensitive skin - allergic to lots of things I can avoid and just as many i cant. i see so many products claiming to get rid of wrinkles but after a bad experience with one i am loathe to try again. is there any other way? What about laser treatments?

susannah Sat 03-May-14 12:11:22

I am shocked to find that I have top lip wrinkles which seem to have developed almost overnight. I am not a smoker but did smoke in my teens. Please can you recommend safe fillers or alternative treatments or a successful cover-up.

annodomini Sat 03-May-14 13:11:51

What do you think of snail gel wrinkle-smoothing products? I understand that snail gel is hyaluronic acid which is also available as a gel. I have very old (55 years) acne scars which make me look even older than I am and have read that these products work wonders for such scarring. I live in hope.

19smp59 Sun 04-May-14 18:42:48

Lucid I use Clinique CC cream and love it, lovely texture, doesn't look caked. I also use Smashbox Illuminating primer underneath as it gives a lovely 'glow' (but not greasy) to older skin, as recommended by Sali Hughes!

Britishbeautyblogger Tue 06-May-14 11:20:42

Britishbeautyblogger Tue 06-May-14 11:22:11

Britishbeautyblogger Tue 06-May-14 11:24:12

Britishbeautyblogger Tue 06-May-14 11:24:40

Britishbeautyblogger Tue 06-May-14 11:25:30

glammanana Tue 06-May-14 11:33:20

Over the years I have always had my hair worn long and at the moment it is waist length,whilst I do make sure it is always trimmed and in good condition
I feel sometimes I could do with change of style as I can only wear it plaited or up with a big bulldog clip any suggestions that would still give me a more age related style.