Gransnet forums

Webchats

Kate Winslet and Alan Rickman video Q&A 14 April

(82 Posts)
LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 09-Apr-15 22:54:13

Gransnet are delighted to be speaking to Kate Winslet about her role in new film A Little Chaos, directed by another well-loved English actor, Alan Rickman - who we'll also be putting your questions to! Want to know the ins and outs of shooting (and directing!) a period drama? Just how comfortable it is to sport a corset (even as part of a costume)?! Here's your chance. Leave your (film-related) questions for Kate and Alan on the thread by 14 April at 9am and we'll be filming their answers shortly after.

A Little Chaos re-imagines the creation of the Rockwork Grove, one small element of the Sun King, Louis XIV’s building of the magnificent Palace of Versailles. Madame Sabine De Barra (Kate Winslet) is an unlikely candidate for landscape architect of the still-to-be-completed Palace of Versailles. She has little time for the classical, ordered designs of the man who hires her, the famous architect Le Nôtre (Matthias Schoenaerts). However, as she works on her creation, she finds herself drawn to the enigmatic Le Nôtre and forced to negotiate the perilous rivalries and intricate etiquette of the court of King Louis XIV (Alan Rickman). But Sabine is made of strong stuff; her honesty and compassion help her to overcome both the challenges of her newfound popularity, and an unspeakable tragedy from her past, to win the favour of the Sun King and the heart of Le Nôtre.

constance Tue 12-May-15 09:59:58

I like the look of this film!

Tegan Tue 21-Apr-15 14:49:57

They seemed to answer the questions from the people who have never been on gransnet before. And, to answer my own question I think this is part of the very good publicity that has been generated for this film hmm...

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 21-Apr-15 09:32:32

For anyone who might have missed it...here's the aforementioned video:

Marmight Fri 17-Apr-15 09:36:31

Having just viewed the much awaited video, I think it's safe to say that neither actor viewed any of the questions on Gransnet!! Possibly a lucky escape for them wink

soulcage Tue 14-Apr-15 19:14:12

Damn autocorrect... the "use" should of course be "true". Sorry.

Riverwalk Tue 14-Apr-15 17:56:29

Logo Cook grin

Has a certain ring to it.

Marmight Tue 14-Apr-15 17:56:07

Phew, that's a relief. As Jingle says, this is surreal......... [dippy emoticon]

Ana Tue 14-Apr-15 17:55:24

I wonder if AR and KW got to see all the posts?

It's a good job they're both such good actors as they'd never have been able to keep a straight face after reading some of them...

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 14-Apr-15 17:41:52

This thread is the strangest thing I've ever seen on Gransnet.

Another world.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 14-Apr-15 17:28:05

Just to say filming done - results as soon as we get them smile

soulcage Tue 14-Apr-15 16:40:24

James Cook. Sorry. There's no edit button.

soulcage Tue 14-Apr-15 16:39:28

For Mr. Rickman:

is it use that you are a descendant of Lieutenant John Rickman who sailed with Logo Cook?

soontobe Tue 14-Apr-15 15:47:41

I am happy as can be today! grin

Back to Kate I think!

Soutra Tue 14-Apr-15 15:35:10

Oo-er Soontobe! Got out of bed the wrong side today?

Maggiemaybe Tue 14-Apr-15 15:24:33

Just how long is this Question & Answer film going to be? I'm going to need a bigger box of popcorn. grin

soontobe Tue 14-Apr-15 14:47:43

I am not sure how your answer is relevant Soutra? I wasnt meaning her auditioning.
I think that she will be able to remember back to when she first auditioned? And will know others that do.
Whatever. I think that Kate can manage the question if she chooses to answer it.

Soutra Tue 14-Apr-15 14:38:35

I can't believe Kate Winslet auditions any more soontobe! More like her agent begs her to consider a script having had an availability check first for the next 5 years!

Soutra Tue 14-Apr-15 14:36:02

Does your name have to end in Mender to post on this thread?
Some right daft questions whatevergrin

soontobe Tue 14-Apr-15 14:35:55

Dear Kate

If someone looks like everyone else at auditions, is there a good way to stand out?
Or is it a case of finding a different avenue in?

Tegan Tue 14-Apr-15 12:30:45

I loved Jude the Obscure, but then I'm mad keen on Thomas Hardy stuff anyway. Strangely enough, it was watching the trailers for Far from the Madding Crowd and A Little Chaos that made me realise that the latter was the one that I wanted to see. I also see [referring back to my point about the importance of publicity] that there are offers of film tickets and garden seeds etc. Very clever [but rather charming].

gratescott Tue 14-Apr-15 11:40:05

Hi Kate, i loved oyur portrayal of Janine in the Divergent films. how was it to play such a hateful character? i read that you've built quite a friendship with Shailene Woodley - it must feel nice to be able to offer support and advice to younger actresses experiencing the industry as you did at tht age?

damson Tue 14-Apr-15 11:27:34

so looking forward to seeing the film when it comes out I have fond memories of sense and sensibility - one of my favourite films. I remember lots of singing from Kate in particular in it. can we expect any musical renditions from her in this one? (I hope so) Kate, are you a musical person in real life?

legroom Tue 14-Apr-15 11:12:00

Ooh Alan Rickman - swoon - does he mind being known as one of the sexiest actors ever?

loretta Tue 14-Apr-15 11:10:35

I have a question for Alan Rickman. Does it bother you that you often seem to be typecast in people's minds as a villain - even though you are not necessarily typecast on screen? (And do you prefer playing goodies or baddies?)

melaina Tue 14-Apr-15 11:08:12

I hope I'm not too late? I read this morning in the paper that Kate was scared of Alan Rickman! Is this true?