Gransnet forums

Webchats

Nick Baker nature Q&A - plus win a copy of The Complete Naturalist!

(34 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 11-May-15 11:51:53

Nick Baker’s fascination with the natural world began at an early age, inspired by Gerald and Lee Durrell’s classic book The Amateur Naturalist. He has presented a number of wildlife programmes including The Really Wild Show, Nick Baker's Under the Skin, Weird Creatures with Nick Baker and more recently Autumn Watch. He has also written a number of well-received books, including The New Amateur Naturalist and The RSPB Nature Tracker’s Handbook. He lives in Devon and is Vice President of Buglife.

His new book The Complete Naturalist is an up-to-date, practical introduction to observing, understanding and investigating the natural world around us. Whether you want to understand what makes an insect an insect, rear a family of frogs for your garden pond, or record bird songs and calls, Nick can give you all the advice and information you need.

It will be published by Bloomsbury on 21st May priced £25 (ebook £21.99) and we have five copies to give away to people who post questions on the thread. So whatever you would like to ask Nick about his work, wildlife or nature in general, now's the time to do it. We will be sending the questions over to him in a couple of weeks.

durhamjen Mon 08-Jun-15 22:57:51

I'll have to ask my son for his old smart phone as he's just got a new one.
Thanks. I'll have a look at those suggestions.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 22-Jun-15 13:38:53

Rather belatedly (apologies) delighted to announce the winners of the books are...

durhamjen, oznan, grannyactivist, rosesarered and lapwing

Emails coming to you very soon

grannyactivist Mon 22-Jun-15 15:28:28

Wow - thanks Cari - I'm really pleased. smile

durhamjen Mon 22-Jun-15 17:10:29

Thanks very much. I was wondering and hoping. It will be invaluable when teaching my grandson.

Lapwing Mon 22-Jun-15 17:37:17

Wow - thank you Cari. I have had a horrible time recently (damaged my knee and may need an operation) so I have not been posting much. This has come as a lovely surprise.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 22-Jun-15 20:53:33

Ah delighted! You should get an email tomorrow asking you to send your address and then the books will be sent out asap

Lapwing wishing you better

Lapwing Mon 22-Jun-15 21:51:00

Thank you Cari. I am improving - but oh so slowly.

oznan Wed 24-Jun-15 14:54:25

Oooh!Thank you so much for this lovely prize,my family will get so much out of it.And thank-you Nick Baker for your useful reply.