Gransnet forums

Webchats

Makeup Q&A with Look Fabulous Forever

(37 Posts)
LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 04-Apr-16 10:01:13

Whether you're stumped on which makeup products to buy, or just not sure how to make best use of the ones you have, we'll have Look Fabulous Forever's Tricia Cusden on hand to answer all your makeup application queries.

Tricia Cusden is founder and MD of Look Fabulous Forever, a makeup brand with a range of products specifically formulated for older eyes, faces and lips. The brand has a strong pro-age philosophy - it's Tricia's belief that age is no barrier to looking and feeling fabulous. Having been a makeup junkie her whole life, she re-trained as a makeup artist and started Look Fabulous Forever in 2013 with a hunch that there would be other women like her who were struggling to find products which worked on their skin now it was older. With customers in over 30 countries, and 1.7m views on the LFF YouTube channel, she is delighted to say her hunch was right!

Add your questions to the thread below by noon on 15 April and check back shortly after for Tricia's answers to your makeup conundrums...

TriciaCusden Mon 18-Apr-16 14:22:28

grandmac

Hallo tricia
I recently purchased the LFF Face Collection and Eye Collection. I especially love the face primer and the mascara. I am definitely a 'cool' person and chose the 02 base colour, but I'm not sure its the right shade as it seems to make my skin look sallow. Should I try the 03 base?
Thank you

Contact us via the website and we will send you a sample of Base 03 to try. Do send back the Base 02 if you feel you won't wear it. If the Base 03 is too dark you could try mixing a little in with the Base 02.

TriciaCusden Mon 18-Apr-16 14:23:09

Genevieve489

I'm a natural redhead, although I now have grey highlights! I appreciate the help you have on your website for choosing products for warm skin tones, but what is the best way to choose a base colour?

Do you provide samples of the base to try at home, before ordering?

Yes - we are in the process of having samples of the Base colours made into sachets. In the mean time contact us and we can send you little pots of samples which we make up ourselves.

TriciaCusden Mon 18-Apr-16 14:24:26

NanKate

Another question Tricia please.

I see you carefully choose your tops and jewellery to complement the lovely make-up. On your website under the heading 'How to choose the right products' you are wearing a pretty pink sweater and fabulous grey necklace that looks like a train track, I mean that nicely. Could you tell me the make of jewellery please as I think it would be perfect to go with my 70th Birthday outfit in September ? Many thanks.

I got it from Oliver Bonas. It was £22 - find it here: www.oliverbonas.com/jewellery/tori-chunky-chain-collar-necklace-41025

TriciaCusden Mon 18-Apr-16 14:27:30

Fuchsia57

I have very deep set eyes..any suggestions about how to do eye make up would be great. Thanks

The key thing to remember is that light colours come forward whilst dark colours recede. So, start with an eye primer to keep all subsequent products in place. Use a creamy conceal (LFF Conceal) under the eye and also into the corners of the eye either side of the nose. Define your brows well too as they frame the eyes.

Then use a very light coloured shadow (cream, soft pale grey or soft peachy pink) over the eyelid up to the brow bone (i.e. into and slightly above the socket line. Now add something to brighten the inner third of the eyelid like our Fabulous Lid Colour in Silver Mist or Soft Moss. Finally add a small amount of darker shade (Taupe, mid grey) to the very out edges of the eyelid and blend well. I'd avoid an eyeliner and finish with mascara.

Bluey Wed 20-Apr-16 21:04:28

Thank you.

NanKate Thu 21-Apr-16 07:07:28

Yes and thanks from me too. flowers

Craftycat Thu 21-Apr-16 12:32:44

Thank you- I will contact you as suggested.

Fuchsia57 Thu 21-Apr-16 19:38:36

Thank you for that's really helpful

NanKate Thu 21-Apr-16 19:56:31

I"ve bought today online the lovely statement necklace Tricia is wearing in one of her videos. I can't wait for it to arrive.

JanT8 Mon 25-Apr-16 10:27:07

A primer that looks really good on older skin is a Smash Box one, Luminizing. It looks very pink in the tube but just gives brightness to the face. I love it and have used it all year.

Janice87 Fri 27-May-16 06:50:03

One thing you should always consider while doing makeup is your hair color should also be matching with your skin. If you have dark hair and you want to add color, keep it close to the same shade. If you have light hair, use light colors. As you age your skin will lighten, so should your hair color.
Discount makeup uk