Gransnet forums

Webchats

Facebook Live with Tricia Cusden of Look Fabulous Forever at 2pm Friday 16 February

(47 Posts)
LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 02-Feb-18 15:18:47

We're going live with beauty entrepreneur Tricia Cusden, founder of online beauty brand Look Fabulous Forever, at 2pm on 16 February! She'll be discussing her first book, Living the Life More Fabulous, as well as giving us the low-down on the best make-up and skincare routines for older women (as well as her own!). She'll also be offering advice on therapies for thinning hair and how to deal with the effects of hair loss, and how to improve your confidence as you age.

We'll be taking questions for Tricia during the Facebook Live session - you can post your questions in the comments box - but if you've got a great question and can't join us on the day, please post it on this thread and we'll try and include it in the interview.

Everyone who likes the Gransnet Facebook page and comments on the Facebook Live (or on this thread) will be entered into a draw to win a signed copy of Living the Life More Fabulous and a gorgeous tote bag!

GabriellaG Thu 08-Mar-18 12:36:30

Dominique Sachse (news anchor Texas) on YouTube has a great video showing her having her eyebrows tattooed.

pinkjj27 Sun 18-Feb-18 16:17:03

Thank you so much i have sent you my details

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 16-Feb-18 15:58:22

And many congratulations to Cambia and pinkjj27 who have won a signed copy of Tricia's first book, Living the Life More Fabulous, and a Look Fabulous Forever tote bag! Please check your emails for more details smile

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 16-Feb-18 15:39:19

For those who couldn't join us earlier, catch up on our live session with Tricia here: www.facebook.com/gransnet/videos/1766236436773128/

wonderfulworld45 Fri 16-Feb-18 14:25:50

who is your beauty icon

Twister Fri 16-Feb-18 14:11:58

hello, can I ask how you would go about making pores look smaller? Every time I put foundation on it looks nice, but the closer you look, the more you can see every pore on my face! Especially my cheeks, right on the apples

patsussex1 Fri 16-Feb-18 14:11:24

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

patsussex1 Fri 16-Feb-18 14:10:35

I suffer from rosacea - what can i do to resolve or conceal this?

cupcake1 Fri 16-Feb-18 13:52:15

Hi Tricia

Pleaseeeee can you advise what foundation is best to cover a few deep set wrinkles, I have spent loads trying and still not managed a look I am happy with sad
Thank you

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 16-Feb-18 13:04:27

Happy Birthday, holcott48!

holcott48 Fri 16-Feb-18 12:58:37

And I'll be out galavanting this afternoon so unable to see you on facebook

holcott48 Fri 16-Feb-18 12:57:44

It's my 70th today and I have just recently started to use Tricia's makeup, feeling fabulous!

Amee Fri 16-Feb-18 11:38:40

Hello Tricia,
I have a liver/age spot on my cheek, which is quite large, do you have any tips or recommendations to help with this? I have purchased your face primer, foundation and concealer but it has not helped, the make up clogs and sits on top, not looking nice at all. Any help gratefully received.

Mapleleaf Fri 16-Feb-18 11:15:55

I'm not on Facebook, so can't join you this afternoon.

Mapleleaf Fri 16-Feb-18 11:14:43

Any advice for a product to use on very dry flaky skin on lower legs. Ordinary body moisturiser has no effect.

ranorman45 Fri 16-Feb-18 10:53:31

Like carol2 I would like tips to deal with rosacea flare ups especially in winter time,the summer does not seem to affect my skin as m

uch and it can be really good then but this winter I seem to have had red and lumpy feeling cheeks and nose no matter what I try.

cangran Fri 16-Feb-18 10:37:36

I agree with MawBroon and Eglantine2 - a little makeup, well applied looks better on older faces than trying to cover up all marks and wrinkles. A question for Tricia - do you have (or possibly plan to add) a BB or CC cream to your range or could you recommend good ones, i.e. moisturising and adding a hint of natural colour, preferably with high sun protection? Thanks.

Eglantine21 Fri 16-Feb-18 10:28:56

Loads of makeup looks good in photos but NOT in real life!
I agree with Maw, just a little is better.

Even a bit of foundation sinks into the creases!

MawBroon Fri 16-Feb-18 10:05:32

Not so much a question as an observation.
While I agree that your “model” in the makeover demo video looks better after , most women do, with their hair done and a bit of blusher, nevertheless I find the amount of product recommended unacceptable on older faces. Why seek to erase the laughter lines and life experience lines? Even applied carefully and with a light hand (or brush) the result is just too mask-like.
I bought some LFF products and the lipstick more than anything is ageing - too staining, too matte, a slick of coloured lipgloss is much more flattering especially when lips lose that youthful plumpness.
We may all admire the likes of Joan Collins, but we don’t want to look like her!

creativeness Wed 14-Feb-18 09:43:16

Hi Tricia I would be interested in the eyebrow re tattooing/alternative advice please.best wishes with new book venture.

Mads Sat 10-Feb-18 13:07:33

Soft down hair on the sides of my face . ( Not dark)
The No No gadget has had bad reviews. I have a Boots epilator for my upper lip but don't want to start a problem with using it on the rest of my face. Maybe I notice it more than other people, Any other ideas please?

Bookatbedtime Sat 10-Feb-18 12:25:42

Hi Tricia I can see that someone has already asked if your products are cruelty free and I would just like to ensure that this means they are not tested on animals at any stage, I believe that this is an issue that is becoming increasingly more important for many people when they are choosing their cosmetic products. Thank you

123kitty Fri 09-Feb-18 19:31:20

Hi Tricia, skin tags- is there anyway to get rid of them I really can't afford to have them lazered (too many). Good luck with your book.

annie1948 Fri 09-Feb-18 15:42:54

I would like to know what you think about eyebrow tattoos , mine are now practically non existent and I really think they
Give more definition to the face!!but I don’t want anything too harsh,thank you

bobbin Fri 09-Feb-18 15:30:47

Hello! I'd like to know if you use a retinol and whether you have one you'd recommend?