Gransnet forums

Work/volunteering

Anyone know how the MOJ recruitment works please

(2 Posts)
jocarter Sat 30-Sep-17 18:37:30

Hi. I'm not sure even if this is the right place to ask, so please accept my apologies if it isn't. My daughter applied for a job as an operational support grade at a prison local to her. She has attended the interview and feels it went very well. About a week after the interview she received an email thanking her for attending the interview, followed by the paragraph below

Your application is currently being reviewed, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.

She applied for another job at the same prison a couple of months ago, but after the interview that time she just received an email saying that she hadn't got the job.

Just wondering if any one can give me any idea what this means please, she's going out of her mind bless her.

Thanks very much in advance

Eglantine21 Sat 30-Sep-17 19:16:01

It means exactly what it says. They're looking at a number of applications and deciding who to put forward to the second stage interviews/tests.
It's quite common practice to have first, second and third stage interviews these days before you are offered a job.
Patience I'm afraid?