Gransnet forums

Work/volunteering

Working passed retirement age

(7 Posts)
LuckyFour Sun 28-Jan-18 16:57:47

Thank you all for your wonderful, supportive comments. I will have a go and see how it works out. Thanks again.

inishowen Sun 28-Jan-18 16:13:54

I think your wealth of experience would be an asset to the shop. Take the plunge and do it.

Chattycathy Sat 27-Jan-18 20:28:17

Go for it! It will keep your outlook young and give you different things to think about and chat about as you meet different people in the shop.

Grannyguitar Sat 27-Jan-18 20:08:35

If the owners have offered you the job, then they obviously don't think that you are too old. When people go clothes shopping, they value sensible advice from an older person. Go for it!

M0nica Sat 27-Jan-18 19:00:45

No, why should they? There are plenty of older (mostly) men giving advice in DIY stores and their years of experience are an asset.

Marydoll Sat 27-Jan-18 15:32:15

I think people would value your experience and wisdom. I say go for it. smile
I would have loved to work on, but health issues meant early retirement for me. sad.

LuckyFour Sat 27-Jan-18 15:19:42

Has anyone out there returned to work after being retired for a few years. I have a possibility of working in a clothes shop one day a week and I would love to give it a try. I am 70 and been retired for a few years but have volunteered one day a week ever since. I am active and lively with no health problems and don't have any problem being on my feet all day. Would people look at me and think I'm too old to advise about clothes?