Gransnet forums

Work/volunteering

Volunteering at Books2Africa

(4 Posts)
BigH141 Fri 20-Jul-18 12:44:36

I'm on the far right after saying farewell to the British Ambassador to Guinea

BigH141 Fri 20-Jul-18 12:39:45

Thank you, we appear to do very well with the inflow of books but I'll mention it to the managers. We are particularly interested in educational and text books which many schools donate especially as the DfE keeps changing the exams. Last wednesday a school in Gravesend donated about 20 boxes of Science and maths books as good as new because the syllabi have changed. But just imagine being a teacher in African and getting a class set of maths books.

moggie57 Fri 20-Jul-18 11:30:50

have you tried approaching charity shops. i work for salvation army charity shop, at the moment a trader comes to pick ours up, we only get £1 for a big sack of books.. maybe you could do the same. after all £1 is not a lot. but i'm not sure how this system works...as i'm only a volunteer.

BigH141 Thu 19-Jul-18 11:08:45

I am helping @books2africa in Canterbury so refreshing to be a helper and not a teacher for a change. Lovely people all working to help provide better opportunities.

If you would like to donate any books to help improve the education of people in Africa who are desperately short of teaching and learning resources please go to

books2africa.org/donate/

Thank you