Gransnet forums

Work/volunteering

Animal Rescue Centre

(10 Posts)
Specs Mon 18-Feb-19 19:26:21

Love your practical and funny pearls of wisdom.
Sodapop ‘a word of caution’ - so sensible. DanniRae I bet you old folk love you - that’s a really generous thing to do.

DanniRae Mon 18-Feb-19 19:18:11

Me too Ellan - I can't watch any programmes on telly that might have cruelty to animals (or children) in it sad

EllanVannin Mon 18-Feb-19 17:57:32

Oh I couldn't, I'd be crying all the time.

RosieLeah Mon 18-Feb-19 16:51:58

Good luck..it's something I would love to do but there isn't a rescue centre near me. Be warned though, you'll be tempted to bring them all home with you!

DanniRae Mon 18-Feb-19 16:26:52

Oh dear I'd want to bring them all home. I volunteer in a local old people's home doing their Thursday afternoon teas now and again. No danger of wanting to bring any of them home!! grin

Cherrytree59 Mon 18-Feb-19 16:14:34

Sounds a lovely job.
Please make sure you are up to date with Tetanus vaccinations (think last about 10yrs). ? ? ?

sodapop Mon 18-Feb-19 16:08:44

Sounds great Specs fresh air, exercise and helping animals that's my idea of a good day,
A word of caution as one who has worked with volunteers, don't offer too many hours to start with, see how you get on for a while then you can always increase the time if you want to. It's hard to pull back if you find it too much. Two days per week is quite a commitment.
I hope it works out for you - good luck,

Specs Mon 18-Feb-19 14:19:55

Thanks megan123.

megan123 Mon 18-Feb-19 10:43:24

Best of luck Specs I am sure you will love it. My daughter does volunteer in a Rescue Centre and really enjoys it.

Specs Mon 18-Feb-19 10:40:52

Thinking of volunteering for a day or two a week in an mainly dog rescue centre. Quite excited ?. Don’t mind what I do. I will do whatever they need. Have had a lifetimes experience with many types of animals. Has anyone else done or doing this .. ???? ps going for an interview/look around on Saturday