Cauliflower cheese recipe from JosieGransnet
Ingredients1 large cauliflower
300ml (½ pint) milk
110g (4oz) cheddar cheese
3 tbsp plain flour
50g (2oz) butter
25g (1oz) fresh breadcrumbs
½ tsp mustard
Salt & black pepper
Method1. Trim the cauliflower and boil in salted water for 10-15 minutes or until just tender.
2. Drain and place in a flame-proof dish.
3. Add the milk, flour and butter to a saucepan.
4. Heat, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens, boils and is smooth.
5. Allow to simmer for a further 2 minutes.
6. Add three-quarters of the grated cheese, mustard, a pinch of nutmeg and seasoning.
7. Cook for further minute stirring well.
8. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower.
9. Mix the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs together, sprinkle over the top.
10. Place under a hot grill until golden brown. Serve immediately.