Saying no to children - who can blame them?
HRT shortage - is it affecting you?
Are they getting desperate? - election promises
Apple and blackberry cake recipe from Woody
Ingredients140g butter softened
140g caster sugar
140g ground almonds
140g self raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon plus more for dusting
2 tsp vanilla extract
225g blackberries/apples (peeled cored and sliced)
Icing sugar for dusting
Handy HintCan be eaten as a cake or served with some vanilla ice cream,creme fraiche or cream as a dessert
Method1. Heat oven to gas 4/160C fan/180C non fan
2. Grease and line 23cm springform tin
3. Combine all the ingredients except the blackberries/apples and beat well.
4. Spread 1/2 mixture into the tin then scatter the blackberries/apples over
5. Dot over the remaining mixture so that it covers the fruit
6. Place on baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour until golden and springy
7. Cool in tin then sift over icing sugar and cinnamon.