Irritating personality traits haven't softened - do friendships change?
Needed but feeling left out - do others feel the same?
Where were you on this day? - moon landing
Courgette Soup recipe from aeden
150g soft cheese
1 medium onion (sliced)
3 garlic cloves
Bunch of fresh chives (finely chopped)
Bunch of parsley (finely chopped)
3 tbsp olive oil
850ml vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
Handy HintLeave the soft cheese out for people (like my granddaughter!) with a dairy intolerance
Method1. Cut the courgettes into slices, roughly 1 cm (½ in thick).
2. Peel the potatoes then cut them into small cubes (roughly 1cm/½ in)
3. Heat the oil on a low heat and add the onions. Cook for five minutes stirring frequently. Add the cubed potatoes and cook for a further 15 minutes. Stir the mix frequently to stop the potatoes sticking to the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the courgettes and garlic and cook for another seven minutes. Again, stir frequently to stop the ingredients sticking
5. Add the stock, salt and pepper to the pan and then bring it to the boil. Turn the heat down so the soup just simmers and cook for a further 12 minutes.
6. Liquidise the soup using a handheld or stand alone blender.
Return the soup to the pan on a low heat. Add the chives, parsley and soft cheese. Stir continuously until the cheese is blended in.
Taste the soup and add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve the soup with a crusty roll.