I'm so upset - troubled son
'Too old' - is there such a thing?
Gran's visits - what to do?
Blackcurrant cake recipe from Suzi
Ingredients170g (6oz) self-raising flour
170g (6oz) caster sugar
170g (6oz) softened butter
3 eggs (beaten)
A punnet of washed and dried blackcurrants
Handy HintStore this cake in a cool place. It is also good as a pudding served hot with custard.
Method1. Heat oven to 180C.
2. Prepare 6 inch baking tin, line with greaseproof paper if necessary.
3. Cream the butter and sugar well.
4. Add the beaten eggs and flour in small quantities beating well.
5. Stir in the black currants gently, trying not to break them.
6. Pour into cake tin.
7. Bake for 30 mins and test with a knife to check if it is cooked
8. When knife comes out cleanly remove cake from oven and tip out on to a cake rack to cool
9. Sprinkle with sugar to decorate
Please login first.