Grandparenting - missing GC
Grandson - what to do?
Whiskers - how to get rid
Tasty turkey hotpot recipe from griffioso
Ingredients1 packet turkey mince
2 carrots (diced finely)
1 leek (diced finely)
2 chicken stock cubes
1 can baked beans
2 cloves of garlic crushed
3 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp Worcester sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
3 large potatoes
1 calorie cooking oil spray
Salt and pepper to taste
Method1. Place large pan on hob, add couple of sprays of 1 cal oil
2. Add turkey mince and heat until cooked through
Transfer mince to colander and rinse with hot water to remove any fat. Leave in colander whilst you prepare the rest of the dish.
3. Add carrots, leeks and onion to pan with some 1 cal oil spray and cook until onions soften - if the mixture starts to stick, add a couple of spoons of water.
4. Add the mince back to the pan with your veg and add paprika, garlic, oregano, mustard, Worcester sauce, half the water (or enough to cover your mixture) and one more stock cube. Simmer until the vegetables start to soften.
5. Add half of a potato by grating into the mixture (this is to thicken the sauce) and add tin of baked beans and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Continue to simmer until grated potato disappears and mixture thickens, but add more water if the sauce needs more moisture and is not dry.
7. Place in oven proof dish and peel and slice your remaining potatoes. Cover the mixture with your sliced potatoes and spray with 1 cal cooking spray (optional).
8. Place in oven at 180C for around 20 minutes, or until the potatoes become golden and cooked in through.
Serve with garden peas and enjoy!
Please login first.