Lemon poppy loaf recipe from caz380z
Ingredients195g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Grated zest of 1 lemon (put lemon aside for glaze)
30g poppy seeds
170g unsalted butter (at room temp)
150g white sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
60 mls milk
For the glaze:
Juice of 1 lemon
50g white sugar
Handy HintFor best results, leave to cool and then wrap and store overnight.
Method1. Pre heat oven to 180C. Place rack in centre of the oven. Line and grease a loaf tin and place to one side.
2. In one bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, salt, poppy seeds, and lemon zest).
3. Using either a hand mixer or food mixer in a second bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mixing after each. Slowly add the flour and milk.
4. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and place in the oven for 50-60 mins, or until the top is brown and a knife comes out clean.
5. In the meantime, place the remaining sugar and squeezed lemon into a saucepan and mix until dissolved.
7. Once the loaf has finished, immediately brush to glaze onto the loaf.