Silent treatment - son
Caught in the act - neighbours
How to say it - 'no'
Chicken pilaf recipe from nanaej
Ingredients1 roasting chicken
4 tsp cinnamon
Handy HintThis is good served cold too. Find a plate or tray that is lipped to help with serving.
Method1.Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan. Gently brown the chicken in the oil
2. When chicken golden all over add two tsp cinnamon and salt to taste. Cover with water. Bring to boil, put lid on pan and turn down heat and allow to simmer for 40-60 mins (until chicken fully cooked)
3. Remove chicken from pan, retaining water in the pan.
4. Once chicken is cool enough to handle take meat off the bone. Put any small pieces back into the water and add rice & last 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and pinch of salt. Cook rice and meanwhile cover chicken.
5. Just before rice is cooked heat a small frying pan and heat the almonds and pine nuts. Take care not to over heat them but let them brown.
6. Oil a ring cake mould and place nuts in it. Then put the cooked rice on top of nuts and press gently into mould.
7. Place plate /tray over mould and turn out your rice ring. Add the larger pieces of chicken in and around the rice ring.
Serve with natural yogurt.