Let her down - friend
I feel worse now - depression
7pm and the bra is off - comfort
Chicken Curry with Cream recipe from kittylester
Ingredients1.5kg jointed, skinned chicken (I use all thighs)
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cumin
1.5 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Freshly ground black pepper
6-7 cloves of garlic, peeled
2.5 cm cube ginger, peeled and chopped
6 tbsp vegetable oil
110g finely chopped onion
Small tin chopped tomatoes
4 tbsp plain yogurt
1 tsp garam masala
6 tbsp double cream (I use Elmlea low fat)
Handy HintTry to prepare the chicken at least an hour before you start to cook. Freezes really well.
Method1. At least 1 hour before starting to cook, combine
0.5 tsp of the salt
1 tsp of the cumin
0.5 tsp of the coriander
0.25 of the turmeric
0.25 of the cayenne
A good grind of black pepper
Toss with the chicken pieces and set aside. The longer this is left the better, but sometimes I do it when I start to cook.
2. Put the ginger, garlic and 125ml of the water into a blender and blend until fairly smooth.
3. Heat the oil in a wide, non stick pan (preferably one with a lid) and brown the chicken pieces all over - you might have to do this in three or four batches. Set aside the chicken pieces.
4. Put the chopped onions into the oil and fry gently until they start to brown.
5. Add the garlic and ginger paste. Fry slowly until the water has evaporated and you see the oil again.
6. Add the rest of the ground spices and stir for about 30 seconds.
7. Add the chopped tomatoes, turn the heat down to med/low. Stir and mash down any lumps of tomato for 3/4 minutes.
8. Add the yoghurt, one tbsp at a time, making sure each tablespoonful is fully incorporated before you add the next.
9. Put in the chicken pieces and any accumulated juices, the remaining 300ml of water and 1tsp salt.
10. Bring to a boil, cover, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
11. Take off the heat, ensuring the chicken is cooked, add garam masala and cream. Mix gently.
12. Turn the heat up to medium high and cook until the sauce has thickened a little stirring gently now and then, for approx 20 minutes.
13. Add fresh coriander leaves