Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Wet half term!

(33 Posts)
MrsJamJam Sun 07-Feb-16 20:03:57

Next week we will have 4 GC here for the week, aged 8 to 13. We are in the depths of the country. Usually they can spend quite a lot of time togged up in wellies building dens etc but right now we are living surrounded by bog and the garden is impossible. Ideas for indoor activities will be welcome, please!

GrandmaValerie Fri 12-Feb-16 11:07:16

Our grandkids 9 and almost 6 are hooked at the moment on card packs called Top Trumps, different types, which is simple for both ages. Just looked on internet and they come in many different types, from Baby animals to Football. At the moment they like the Harry Potter cards.

Cagsy Fri 12-Feb-16 11:26:15

Ladies, I'm impressed - you are all so creative, I must be a really boring Nanny! I work full time so can never offer this support but do have them at weekends sometimes so will swot up on your suggestions to ensure they have more fun in future, if I have any energy left!
Thank you all flowers

BBbevan Fri 12-Feb-16 14:24:34

My two girls are 9 and 6 They usually stay with us, their grandparents for a few days every holiday. They love colouring, sticking, playing school( we have bought a real register) I have taught the elder one to knit. If the weather is reasonable I intend to teach them ' two balls' up against the garage wall, and if Grandpa can be persuaded some skipping rope games. Not an IPad in sight, though we do have the occasional DVD. Their favourite is ' The Secret Garden' Ah peace and quiet.

Elrel Fri 12-Feb-16 14:32:06

What a great range of activities, gransnet at its best!

monanny Fri 12-Feb-16 16:08:15

Lots of great ideas here. Thank you. Have my two granddaughters, 10 and 8 for the week. Have planned already for Monday, two hours at the library with a story and activity. On Thursday the zoo. We have a fantastic zoo local to us but a bus ride away. Will take a picnic so hoping for a good dry day on Thursday. Will try some of these other ideas thank you so much.

tubbygran Fri 12-Feb-16 16:13:13

Thank you everyone, I've had so much enjoyment reading these brilliant ideas. My two granddaughters aged three and eight are coming to stay and now I'm full of inspiration...if not energy!
Jinglebels I love the thought of you throwing the ball up the stairs on your own! You did make me laugh. Still, it sounds to be great fun.

AlgeswifeVal Sat 13-Feb-16 08:28:15

I feel exhausted just reading this. Love my grandkids dearly but one day is enough.