Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Baby Shower

(59 Posts)
nanatobe Thu 13-Oct-16 18:42:05

I'm due my first grandchild in December (so excited). I'm hosting a baby shower for DD next weekend but as I have no experience of these as no such thing in my day (must remember to never say this when baby born) just wondered if anyone has hints and tips on what games etc to do. I have around 20 guests. Thanks

Maggiemaybe Sat 22-Oct-16 19:46:25

Well I didn't know much about baby showers before, but I certainly do now grin

Ana Sat 22-Oct-16 19:48:33

Well, presumably all went well, with or without our ideas. I do hope so, nanatobe! thlsmile

Maggiemaybe Sat 22-Oct-16 19:50:55

Me too. smile

nanatobe Mon 24-Oct-16 19:00:15

It was such a brilliant afternoon, I had organised a lot of games and an afternoon tea with sandwiches and cakes. Of course a glass or two of Prosecco for the non pregnant! It was so lovely for us to celebrate with all the females in our family and friends. Thanks so much for all your ideas and I highly recommend attending if you get invited to one. My niece has one planned in a couple of weeks so looking forward to it now.

notanan Mon 24-Oct-16 19:02:42

lovely smile glad you had fun, what games did you do in the end?

nanatobe Mon 24-Oct-16 19:10:05

Thanks for your support notanan. Loved some of your comments? We did some quizzes, guess what's in the nappy (various melted choc bars, fun but looked disgusting). Identify the guest from their baby pic, actually quite hard. The best bit was a video of the dad answering some baby questions, that was hiliarous as he proved clueless. I think I could go into baby shower event planning now.

Maggiemaybe Thu 03-Nov-16 00:40:37

Well, I've just spotted some ideas for hosting a grandparent shower, so it's a growth market, nanatobe. The same daft games and lovely food and lots of presents, for the older end of the family. One suggestion for gifts is "freezer meals they can pull out and heat up during those first few weeks when they will likely be spending lots of time visiting or helping to care for the little one" shock

JackyB Thu 03-Nov-16 06:56:21

I was thinking "Why have a party for someone who is about to become a grandparent? Surely that would draw the attention of the real star of the show, i.e. the mum-to-be?" but then again, granny-to-be's friends are hardly going to be invited to the baby shower, so why not?