Gransnet forums

Chat

Join the hairy armpit brigade!

(65 Posts)
Bags Wed 02-May-12 11:19:42

This is funny. Especially like the exchange with the small child. grin

www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/may/02/ladies-why-you-should-stop-shaving

glassortwo Wed 02-May-12 11:25:13

No way I say shock does anyone smell like Christmas cake in the morning or am I strange grin

gracesmum Wed 02-May-12 11:25:14

One of the dubious benefits I have found of advancing years is the reduction in body hair - everywhere. I occasionally remember about my legs, but armpits? with my bingo wings, sleeveless is not really an option. So, all you young things - look forward to your sixties!

imjingl Wed 02-May-12 11:29:15

Glass you are soooo strange! shock wink

glassortwo Wed 02-May-12 11:31:44

Not me jingle the article grin grin

Anagram Wed 02-May-12 11:34:35

I've never been particularly hairy, nor have I ever shaved my legs (very fair hair anyway!). I do shave my armpits, though.

How does she know what she smells like in the morning, anyway? Perhaps she means a very mature, alcohol-laced Chrismas cake? confused

Bags Wed 02-May-12 11:47:24

The christmas cake reference is not so strange, really. Does nobody else remember sniffing their knees as a child in the bath and thinking that they smelled like biscuits?

What! No-one else? Maybe I am strange, after all. wink

Anagram Wed 02-May-12 11:53:14

I do remember sniffing my knees in the bath, yes. Don't think biscuits came to mind...Perhaps she just smells fruity? confused

soop Wed 02-May-12 11:54:45

Bags My knees, when I eventually get down to sniffing them, will be a subtle aroma of Dove soap and Nivea. I used to think my Nana smelled like Ovaltine. My Grandpa, on the other hand, smelled of horse manure [that's because he was a groom of Co-op horses that delivered milk...]
And, no! My armpits have a wee downy fluff that does no-one any harm...so it stays put grin

imjingl Wed 02-May-12 12:08:06

Oh!!!!!

Sorry Glass!!! (hadn't read article)

grin

shysal Wed 02-May-12 12:10:30

I have always thought that my hands smell of biscuits in the morning! Why not try it tomorrow and see how many of us agree?

imjingl Wed 02-May-12 12:12:23

Eurghhhhh!

Mind doesn't grow anymore. sunshine

Thank God it does on my head! [worried]

Jacey Wed 02-May-12 12:14:58

What sort of biscuits? confused

And no Bags I didn't smell my knees as a child?? [very strange] emoticon...and of course now couldn't ...even if I wanted togrin

Anagram Wed 02-May-12 12:20:38

Not strange at all Jacey! [huffy emoticon]

glassortwo Wed 02-May-12 12:27:21

My FIL uses drops for his glaucoma and he has grown the most fantastic eyelashes.

Sorry off subject a bit grin

No I have never sniffed my knees confused will try when I have a bath.

Jacey Wed 02-May-12 12:44:05

Anagram grin

MrsJamJam Wed 02-May-12 12:52:32

When I was a child my knees mainly smelled of mud. Gardening in the sunshine today, so if I could reach them they would probably still smell of mud!

GoldenGran Wed 02-May-12 13:08:20

I seem to smell of chocolate in the morning, don't know why! And no, I have stopped shaving my armpits because the hair does not seem to grow there any more hmm

nightowl Wed 02-May-12 13:35:27

Yes Bags I did used to sniff my knees in the bath and think they smelled of biscuits or cake or something yummy!! I thought it was only me! How strange and how good to meet a fellow weirdo grin

Anagram Wed 02-May-12 13:39:25

And me, of course...[another huffy emoticon]

nightowl Wed 02-May-12 13:50:02

Sorry anagram did I forget you were a weirdo too! It's because I'm sneaking a peek at gransnet on my iPhone which I can't get to grips with so can't see everything properly. Its wasted on me! I really should be working so better get back to it smile

Anagram Wed 02-May-12 13:55:59

I know you've probably gone now, nightowl, but no, you didn't forget I was a weirdo too, you just didn't notice I used to sniff my knees in the bath! grin

Bags and I don't consider that to have been weird at all...

gracesmum Wed 02-May-12 13:57:49

So stop all showing off that you can get your nose down to your knees already.grin

Anagram Wed 02-May-12 14:07:28

This was when we where children, gracesmum. Haven't tried it in years...

Bags Wed 02-May-12 14:22:20

Well, I just tried it again, not in the bath, just rolled my trousers up, and although I'm not as biscuity as I seem to remember, I'm still a bisky bat Bags. Hey, fellow Bisky Bats, greetings! grin