Gransnet forums

Chat

You know your GC have visited when....

(142 Posts)
Notso Fri 11-Oct-13 12:44:21

....a whole pot of paperclips are joined together in a chain smile

Norah Sat 12-Aug-17 19:59:03

I take the rattan to the pavers in the garden and use the karcher on it. Then I obsess about the pavers, lots of bits get cleaned at once, even the auto mats.

ElaineI Sun 13-Aug-17 00:26:23

When you get in the shower and it is stone cold as a 3 year old fire fighter has "put the fire out Granny" and switched off the plug with the red light!
Funnily enough his auntie did the same in her Granny's house 24 years ago!

grannylyn65 Sun 13-Aug-17 11:52:10

The cupboard has half eaten pack jelly
The cats are hiding

NanaandGrampy Sun 13-Aug-17 12:53:07

Sam the dog is wearing a hat

The biscuit tin has a bite out of all the biscuits

There is Lego in the fridge

Grampy has locked the door to the shed...... from the inside !

I am on my knees !

I wouldn't change it for the world!

Kateykrunch Sun 13-Aug-17 14:13:52

You notice the YES/NO game (you know, the one with the bell) is in the top of your wardrobe!

kezia Mon 14-Aug-17 08:59:44

Left over fromage frais in the fridge because you forgot to offer them.
Brio everywhere (other wooden train sets are available)
SAND smile

HillyN Mon 14-Aug-17 13:14:58

YouTube clips of skateboarders saved in 'My Favourites' on my laptop. A row of soft toys tucked into the spare room bed with the curtains closed. Kiss marks on the mirror. A cardboard box covered in crayoning and stickers. Marbles in the pile of the rug. Cushions and throws under the dining table. Crumbs everywhere.

goldengirl Mon 14-Aug-17 18:12:40

We've been eaten out of house and home
There's empty Ella sachets under the cushions
Food on the floor that should be on the table - or in tummies
Playdoh stuck into the lounge carpet even though it's only played with in the kitchen!!!
Meccano edifice blocking the stairs
Pennies sprinkled around after playing shops and arcades
The TV switched to a ghastly teenage US programme and somehow I can't switch it off!!
A sock under the chair
The missing crayon that couldn't be found but appeared under the table when they left
etc etc
Is it worth clearing up I ask myself as they'll be here again next week?

Cherrytree59 Mon 14-Aug-17 18:44:27

Norah why didn't I think of that!
Agree about the pavers.

Must remember to get the karcher back from sonhmm

Norah Wed 16-Aug-17 15:55:21

Cherrytree59, I find my Karcher brilliant for all sort of task & pavers and bricks.

Parklife1 Thu 17-Aug-17 10:50:20

I'm glad the loom bands craze is over. I found those wretched things for months.

Venus Sun 27-Aug-17 10:17:34

When there are no more chocolate buttons left in the sweetie dish and when there are muddy footprints leading from the garden into the lounge.

When the cat is sitting as high as he can on his cat tree to avoid being turned into a 'tiger'.

Nelliemaggs Sun 27-Aug-17 11:18:52

The toothpaste tube is mysteriously empty?

Imperfect27 Sun 27-Aug-17 11:44:11

I have loved this thread. So much to raise a smile here.

As a relatively new granny, I haven't reached the same levels of household disorder as many here, but I just love the ritual of tidying the toys away again and now find I have a fridge that contains remnants of water-melon (his absolute ' hungry caterpillar' favourite) and left-over baby fromage fraise pots.

Galen Sun 27-Aug-17 12:01:01

You find yourself exhausted and longi for a stiff drink at 11.55 am!

NameChange2016 Sun 27-Aug-17 16:53:25

No kids or GC of my own (infertile) but loads of nephews and nieces by blood or 'adoption' who visit 'Auntie NameChange'.
After
teenagers visit: no more carbohydrates left - pasta, rice, bread or potatoes. After young school age kids visit: Glitter everywhere. After magpie 4 year old: All jewellery out and scattered across the sitting room. After toddler visit: An 'accident' behind the settee. I love them all very much but I do love the quiet once they've gone!