Gransnet forums

Chat

Archers fan

(127 Posts)
sparkygran Tue 17-Jun-14 19:17:14

Has anyone else picked up on tonight`s Archers a possible liaison between Elizabeth and Roy? I was picking up all sorts of signals and worst of all it is being encouraged by Haley!! Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa surely not nice Roy

grumppa Fri 20-Jun-14 19:19:12

Now there's a surprise! Will Elizabeth succumb to her dicky ticker while in Roy's tent?

Lilygran Fri 20-Jun-14 19:39:00

Susan Carter's brother should come back from the dead with a Kalashnikov

Mishap Fri 20-Jun-14 20:22:22

So many questions.....

- will the camp bed collapse?
- will Roy have a condom in his pocket?
- will she get pregnant?
- will Hayley go ballistic?
- will loyal fans switch off?
- have the scriptwriters lost the plot?
- do we care any more?

The speculation is endless....

SloeGinny Fri 20-Jun-14 22:19:10

....and I SO wanted to be wrong!

I hope the camp bed folds up on them in all the wrong places.

Yuk, just Yuk.

Nelliemoser Fri 20-Jun-14 22:30:16

sparkygran Well you got that one right full marks to you!

NfkDumpling Fri 20-Jun-14 22:41:24

Keep missing episodes - but where has Matt been? He's suddenly popped up again as if he hadn't been gone - Lilian has been around but no mention of Matt - and suddenly there he is.

sara4 Fri 20-Jun-14 22:47:39

I don't know if I can put up with anymore of this! Everyone's character is changing and they are no longer the 'people' I thought I knew. Tom, Peggy on A BUS at 90 something. Jill moving in to Brookfield, not the people I've known for more years than I can remember. now Roy and Elizabeth, that's just going too far.

chloe1984 Sat 21-Jun-14 09:38:04

I am going to listen again to last nights episode as I cannot believe that Roy would do such a thing, totally outrageous even if strong drink was taken. What would Jill say !

NfkDumpling Sat 21-Jun-14 22:13:01

Missed it. He didn't, did he?

Rosannie Sat 21-Jun-14 22:38:28

I've not listened for a few weeks, I shall make sure I catch the omnibus tomorrow - sounds like I've missed some interesting 'happenings' !
I'm getting fed up of Helen's blinkered view that Rob is Mr Wonderful, there needs to be an end to that relationship soon.

merlotgran Sat 21-Jun-14 22:44:21

I need to catch up as well. Missed the omnibus last week and now my Sunday morning 'quiet time' seems to have gone out the greenhouse window. Laptop and headphones might be the answer during the week.

sparkygran Sun 22-Jun-14 11:47:25

Well that`s that then Eliz and Roy can you believe it - too many cocktails and wild music - will Eliz rue the day and Roy how could you do that to Haley and just when will Haley find out!!

papaoscar Sun 22-Jun-14 15:15:04

I listened to the omnibus version today and thoroughly enjoyed it. I reveled in Brian's discomfiture in big-farm business matters after having had his own way for so long, and the kitchen rebuild shambles that Jennifer has brought on herself by employing cowboys is real fun. The slippery, ominous Rob I wouldn't trust behind the haystack with the lights on but he seems to be blinding the gullible Helen with his flashy charms. Meanwhile, Granpa Tony moans on and on like a poor old carthorse, at least son Tom had the common sense to jump ship to Canada pdq. I like the feisty young Scots pig keeping lady's man with the braw, bricht accent. Which part of the gloamin' does he hail from, I wonder? Peggy's cat's departure to the great cattery upstairs was handled very delicately. If only that vet was available for human disposals! And was that not a brief incursion on the golf-course by the devious Mat, paramour of Lillian, the phantom knitter. But where was the glorious Linda with the chain-saw voice, self-appointed holder of the village pc social conscience? Wait until she finds out about the plans for wind-farms, solar panels and waste disposal digesters in her back yard. NIMBY won't be in it!

Anne58 Sun 22-Jun-14 15:19:10

Beautifully put, papaoscar !

annodomini Sun 22-Jun-14 15:34:36

Now I don't mind having missed the omnibus. What an excellent summary, papaoscar. Please do the same every week and save me the trouble. grin

papaoscar Sun 22-Jun-14 15:39:25

Gracias, Phoenix, and I didn't even mention the coming together under the stars of Lady Elizabeth from the big house and Roy the boy. I have a feeling that the ghost of Sir Nigel will soon be making a dramatic appearance in the bedchamber terrifying witless the canoodling camping couplers, also that the PC Vicar may have to start blowing his whistle and issuing red cards. What a lark it all is!

dorsetpennt Sun 22-Jun-14 16:00:30

Oh great more 'sounds of smooching' on the Archers! I almost stopped listening when Lillian was at it with that guy Paul - at times it was nauseating. Hopefully by the time Lizzie and Roy get home they'll realise the error of their ways. He'll leave his job and work elsewhere she'll find another Nigel type guy.

sparkygran Sun 22-Jun-14 16:32:07

Will we listen to the aftermath of the strange coupling last Friday or will we be kept in suspenders!

chloe1984 Sun 22-Jun-14 16:39:46

I wonder if they really did the deed and Roy will have to leave and look after the pigs with Jazza as he will not be able to contain his lust if he continues in Lizzie's employ.

shysal Sun 22-Jun-14 17:32:17

I usually only listen to the omnibus, but I have set tonight's episode to record because I can't wait! I hope Roy gently refuses Lizzie, she is not the type to sleep with the 'help'. It is all ridiculously out of character for them both! shock

merlotgran Sun 22-Jun-14 18:16:57

Thirteen year old DGS had a rude awakening this morning when he came across me weeding the garlic just as Peggy was having her breakdown.

I explained the story line and he just said, 'Riiiiiiiight' hmm

Anne58 Sun 22-Jun-14 19:53:00

Ah, but papaoscar , when I posted it was before tonights episode!

Iam64 Mon 23-Jun-14 18:48:14

Caught up at lunch time, what a shame for Roy, Hayley and Phoebe (is there another baby as well,I think there is). It's so like his fling with Kate isn't it!

Anne58 Thu 26-Jun-14 14:12:41

Right then, who reckons that she will find herself pregnant?

NfkDumpling Thu 26-Jun-14 14:16:15

Mmmm, bet she is! And Roy seems like such a nice, dependable, honest sort of bloke.