Gransnet forums

Chat

Guilty secret

(47 Posts)
whitewave Sat 18-Apr-15 18:19:31

We bought our offspring a box of chocolates each for Easter, but haven't as yet seen DS. Today I sneaked a few chocolates from the box and secretly ate them unknown by DH blush Now not sure whether to own up or finish them without saying anything!

durhamjen Sat 18-Apr-15 23:08:05

My grandchildren always know.
"What happened to that mint chocolate you had last time, Granny?"
"I must have eaten it."
Always said in front of their superslim parents.

Katek Sun 19-Apr-15 15:06:11

Surreptitious chocolate eating can be dangerous! I think I mentioned on another thread that I nearly choked when DS2 was in her pram. I had a sneaky square of Dairy Milk so she didn't see it, inhaled instead of swallowed and was left hanging over the pram handle whooping and choking! V scary episode!

Nelliemoser Sun 19-Apr-15 15:56:30

Shhh! I bought a pack of Aldi's Moser Roth dark chocolate with a plum and cinnamon fondant on Friday. I have nearly finished the lot myself. I am a very greedy person. Yes! I am going upstairs to get the last of it to destroy the evidence.

GillT57 Sun 19-Apr-15 16:07:03

Oh Nellie the aldi chocolate is divine. And so very reasonably priced that the calorie content must reasonable too especially if you scarf it down when nobody is looking

Lona Sun 19-Apr-15 16:16:57

I live alone and I still hide chocolate!
Sometimes I forget and when I eventually find it, it's a lovely surprise grin

I am a very sad person.

Nelliemoser Sun 19-Apr-15 16:35:46

AshTree* "Go on, finish the box" How deceitful you are. shock shockshock grin

Greyduster Sun 19-Apr-15 16:38:50

My DH loves white chocolate and I am not keen, so every week, he buys a bar of white and one of milk. I have always eaten mine well before he eats his and, recently, I got desperate and had a couple of squares of his. The other day I noticed he has marked the packet! I said I thought one only did that with the scotch. He said he was marking the scotch bottle as well!grin

Katek Sun 19-Apr-15 17:35:23

Lona....that's priceless!!! grin

Tegan Sun 19-Apr-15 17:40:47

How can anyone hide chocolate and, knowing that it's there, not eat it confused? My whole being would just focus on the fact that there is chocolate in the house that HAS to be eaten.

Tegan Sun 19-Apr-15 17:42:13

Yes,but you can add water to the scotch. With chocolate once it's gone it's gone.

Parcs Sun 19-Apr-15 18:00:01

White just eat what you want and buy a new box, then no one is the wiser and you get to eat the chocs smile

Jomarie Mon 20-Apr-15 20:33:44

I can't hide anything anywhere on the premises from DH - so I now don't bother trying to. The scotch is in the cupboard with the saucepans (very handy for me) and the chocolate is in the room with the laptops/phones/books etc.- again, very handy for me. I decided at the grand old age of 64 (now 65) to do away with deceit and come out of the closet. Yes - I like whisky, wine and chocolate/sweets - I will have them - too many other things I liked in life have been relegated to the "past it" bin i.e. not healthy, not at your age etc. etc. - I won't go into specifics but leave it to your imagination - so decided to brave it and am clinging on to these last two pleasures out in the open. Am supported in this by two out of our three children!!!!

soontobe Mon 20-Apr-15 21:12:37

Same as rosesarered.
I hide chocs from DH for his own benefit.
I also hide things like icecream in my own freezer, from myself.
At times I just dont buy any of it.

NanKate Mon 20-Apr-15 21:32:19

Greyduster I love the way your DH marks the booze and chocs - gave me a good laugh. grin

Lona Mon 20-Apr-15 22:19:25

Katek I really do forget about the chocolate, I've got some very sneeky hiding places!
So, it can be weeks before I discover it! grin

hummingbird Mon 20-Apr-15 22:20:25

It's fatal to have chocolate in the house! I bought Mr H a big bar of Galaxy for Christmas, which he loves. He didn't eat it, so over a few weeks and after much nibbling, a square at a time, I polished it off. Feeling guilty, I bought him another big bar to replace it. He hasn't eaten it, so after much nibbling, a square at a time.... grin

Ana Mon 20-Apr-15 22:25:09

He obviously doesn't love Galaxy as much as you do, hummingbird! grin

hummingbird Mon 20-Apr-15 22:30:30

I don't even like it that much Ana! It's just... there!

Ana Mon 20-Apr-15 22:45:42

I despair of all you chocaholics...grin

annodomini Mon 20-Apr-15 22:53:21

I thought my Lidl's chocolate would be safe from me in the freezer. But... it wasn't and that's how I broke a pre-molar on a square of frozen chocolate and will now have a sizeable dentist's bill.

soontobe Tue 21-Apr-15 09:14:53

ooh. Ouch. Bad luck annodomini.