Gransnet forums

Chat

Have you made your mind up about the referendum?

(530 Posts)
obieone Thu 19-May-16 08:36:16

Yes.

I am curious to know how many have. Personally I do not read much about it any more, nor talk about it as dont see the point.

Granddaughter Tue 31-May-16 16:08:21

Putin must be delighted the way Boris and his gang agree with him about leaving and he is even getting the support of the Express, Mail Sun and Telegraph and even quite a few Grans. Strange bed fellows.

Whilst those of of us that continue to worry about our economy and leaving the Euro, will be concerned to read that Brexit has had an adverse affect in trying to,find a buyer for Austin Reed. How many other of our main retailers and businesses will,follow"if we leave the EU?

All 120 Austin Reed stores will close by the end of June at the cost of 1,000 jobs, the administrator said.

durhamjen Tue 31-May-16 16:30:28

Did anyone watch An Immigrant's Guide to Britain last night?
They were asking various people questions abut immigration. The only one who answered all the questions correctly and understood the difference between migrant, asylum seeker and expat was a Syrian.
Apparently if they call themselves expats, they will be accepted.

Welshwife Tue 31-May-16 17:01:05

Bided not see that DJ when you say call themselves expats does that mean on official documents in UK?

durhamjen Tue 31-May-16 17:13:11

No,I think it was just when talking to other people. I don't think expats put that on forms. It was the Syrian man who said that expats and immigrants were the same. They are expats from where they came from. He was just showing up the meaning of the words, and how one is accepted and the other isn't.
It was really a spoof thing.
At one time they had someone set up a coffee bar, one of the mobile ones. It was to prove that the British never complain, and they didn't, not even when he coughed and sneezed all over the food and drink, and stirred the coffee with his fingers, or put chili or tabasco in their coffee.