Gransnet forums

Chat

Good news thread

(185 Posts)
NanKate Thu 16-Jun-16 15:15:26

My DS has been trying for years to get a new contract for some important work and today he finally signed that contract. Please be happy for me/ him I am not boasting.

What's your good news?

morethan2 Mon 04-Jul-16 17:38:35

stansgran that's great news. Looking forward to hearing how it went

PRINTMISS Mon 04-Jul-16 17:04:17

Well nothing quite as serious as the above, but today I had a garden trolley delivered, and not only did it come complete with all its pieces, I managed to put them all together in the right order,according to the instructions which were perfect. and ..... I managed to sort out the new radio/tape recorder we bought, marked all the buttons with fluorescent sticky paper, so the other half knows what they are (his near sight is not good, and all the signs on the black knobs are embossed!) Hope he can remember what colours are what - I have forgotten already! A good day today.

Anya Mon 04-Jul-16 14:44:37

I do wish you well, and that is certainly Very Good News.

Stansgran Mon 04-Jul-16 14:39:47

Thank you.

DanniRae Mon 04-Jul-16 13:51:14

So pleased for you Stansgran - I hope you all really enjoy the next two weeks of their visit.

Please let us know how it goes.

Teetime Mon 04-Jul-16 09:10:02

Great news stansgran I hope it all goes well.

My beloved youngest daughter who all but called me a racist last week is thawing , rang me yesterday and wants us to go up for her birthday in two weeks time as arranged.

Mildred Mon 04-Jul-16 09:04:17

Lovely so happy for you hope all goes well.

Stansgran Mon 04-Jul-16 08:50:17

I was going to put this on the support thread but I read some of the recent comments and didn't want to go there. My DGC whom I haven't seen in nearly two years which has caused me much sorrow are arriving tonight for two weeks. I'm actually quite nervous. They will have grown so much. I have tried to keep in touch by sending emails and photos as both children have email addresses. Wish me well.

Bellanonna Sat 02-Jul-16 18:52:47

We went to the Blue Pool, Galen, but didn't go in. I also have a pic of that famous fall, whose name I forget, but isn't it magnificent?!

ninathenana Sat 02-Jul-16 18:20:36

My dad spent months in Iceland during the war.
Despite the timing he loved the landscape.

Enjoy !

Galen Sat 02-Jul-16 15:15:35

That's Iceland

Galen Sat 02-Jul-16 15:15:08

It's cold and wet!

grannyqueenie Sat 02-Jul-16 15:02:26

Iceland, how marvellous! I'd love to go there, have a great time ginny. We recently had a holiday in Islay, I loved the amazing evening skies. It's pouring here today in West Yorkshire but the good news is my experiment with chalk painting a tatty old coffee table is shaping up nicely!

Bellanonna Sat 02-Jul-16 14:23:40

Amazing place Ginny. Lots of daylight. Some really weird lunar-type landscapes. I've been twice as I wanted to see it once more. Be prepared for it to be expensive and take some warm clothing. I gather they play good football too!

ginny Sat 02-Jul-16 14:07:13

Off to Iceland ( the country ) tomorrow. Our Ruby wedding gift to each other .

KatyK Sat 02-Jul-16 13:56:05

Thank you Bella - no begging letters accepted grin Yes I've seen the other thread. Perhaps I should have kept news of my impending wealth to myself!

Bellanonna Sat 02-Jul-16 13:01:13

Now you'll be getting a best friend PM KatyK. (Will make sense if you've seen the other thread).

ninathenana Sat 02-Jul-16 12:27:26

Elrel a good week for your family.
Lucky you KatyK smile

Elrel Sat 02-Jul-16 11:28:00

This week I wrote some poems and read them to people who liked them.
Yesterday DS (almost 40) did his first triathlon. Hadn't been on a bike for 20 years and wasn't a good swimmer 2 months ago. He and DP also bought their first house this week.
Wishing everyone a good weekend.

Bellanonna Sat 02-Jul-16 11:05:12

Teetime - I hope he uses it! DH refuses to so I'm still saying things twice (at least).

Judthepud2 Sat 02-Jul-16 10:45:08

My youngest grandchild is 1. Sorry I can't post a photo because she is so cute but her daddy doesn't allow photos of his children to be posted on any social networking sites. Off to make sandwiches for the party.

Teetime Sat 02-Jul-16 10:29:52

DH got the date through for his hearting aid to be fitted - the day before granddaughter's wedding!!

KatyK Sat 02-Jul-16 10:25:01

We've won £500 on the Premium Bonds!!!!! smile smile shock

Nana3 Sat 02-Jul-16 09:51:52

Day out in Liverpool and theatre this evening (Romeo and Juliet) with GD (aged 12). What a wonderful treat.
Very well done to your GD nina.
I might look for a Pilates class Bella, you have given me inspiration.

ninathenana Sat 02-Jul-16 09:44:47

Anya I don't do football but I too was pleased at the Welsh victory and I'm English smile