Gransnet forums

Chat

Good news thread

(184 Posts)
NanKate Thu 16-Jun-16 15:15:26

My DS has been trying for years to get a new contract for some important work and today he finally signed that contract. Please be happy for me/ him I am not boasting.

What's your good news?

whitewave Thu 16-Jun-16 15:17:46

My little dog is better today although recuperating after a nasty tummy bug.

obieone Thu 16-Jun-16 15:21:29

Great, and good idea for a thread.

A problem that has been going on for about 10 years, and has been extremely tricky to solve for all concerned, finally has got a solution[that someone suggested about 3 years ago but hey ho, this is a good news thread!]
I found out today.

nanaK54 Thu 16-Jun-16 15:22:54

Happy for you both and I like the idea of a good news thread!

nanaK54 Thu 16-Jun-16 15:24:47

Oops crossed pots there happy for you too obieone

nanaK54 Thu 16-Jun-16 15:25:26

Posts even!

petitpois Thu 16-Jun-16 15:25:32

Lovely idea - we can turn this into a good day after all.
Thanks to all of your recommendations and advice I decided to start the 5:2 diet and, while it's only been a week and I haven't yet weighted myself, I definitely feel less bloated.

tanith Thu 16-Jun-16 15:27:02

Mine is also business related, my eldest grandson took the plunge and struck out with his own little business with himself and his young brother, they just landed a contract that will ensure work for most of the Summer for both of them and also their Dad and another young relative who is unemployed , he was so happy he was almost in tears I'm so happy things are working for him after his wife had a life threatening illness 18mths ago.

Liz46 Thu 16-Jun-16 15:31:29

My little grand daughter is starting to feel a bit better today after having her chronically infected tonsils out on Monday evening. She is now manipulating everyone to see how much she can get off with! We are looking after her tomorrow so will probably be penniless by the end of the day.

Teetime Thu 16-Jun-16 15:33:06

Congratulations Nakate and DH enjoy your success.

Not sure I have one today but doing badly all things considered thank you. smile

breeze Thu 16-Jun-16 15:36:03

What a lovely thread. I had similar news yesterday with middle son. Congrats to you all. Easy to get caught up in the worlds' woes but so much nicer to share good news. Wishing him continued success NanKate.

whitewave Thu 16-Jun-16 15:38:28

Having tonsils out is nasty, glad she's feeling better.

Liz46 Thu 16-Jun-16 15:54:24

Thank you whitewave. The surgeon said it was very satisfying to remove them as they were so bad.

PRINTMISS Thu 16-Jun-16 16:03:43

Yes, it is good to be here on a happy note. No good news, but it is the o.h. birthday, and I have just come back from a meal with four friends, and our daughter who surprised us with her company. One of the friends invited us back to her house, where she had made a quite spectacular strawberry sponge for the o.h. and we are now at home awaiting the arrival of our much loved son. Our daughter might also come soon, I suspect she has gone for a quiet walk along the sea front.

morethan2 Thu 16-Jun-16 16:14:28

It's my last day at work for three weeks. We're off on holiday. sunshinePlus my DiL's pain is responding to the treatment. In a few weeks she will be able to cuddle the children.smile

rosesarered Thu 16-Jun-16 16:27:56

Good for him NanKate .....I will raise a glass to you soon.?
Good news today.. Hmmn, England have won the game and it's raining here ( saves us watering the garden.)

annsixty Thu 16-Jun-16 16:28:02

What good results for you all.
PRINTMISS a happy day for your OH and I hope your son brings some joy to you both.
Morethan2 what reassuring news for your family after an awful time for you all. I don't suppose her prognosis has changed but good that she is going to feel better and will enjoy being with the children. Lots of happy memories to be stored for them all.

dramatictessa Thu 16-Jun-16 16:35:32

My broken arm is mending nicely, I've finished the last bit of work I had to do(for a couple of months) and the last two weeks have made me realise what wonderful family and friends I have. Oh, and England have won the football (apologies to Welsh grannies!). Thanks for the thread Ann, great idea.

hildajenniJ Thu 16-Jun-16 16:39:20

I had to disappoint DGS2 when his birthday present was too small. I managed to contact the supplier and the very nice lady said she would hand deliver a larger replacement, in his favourite colour (red), on Saturday. His 6th birthday is on Sunday. He will be delighted. it's one of these

harrigran Thu 16-Jun-16 22:08:02

I managed to travel 45 minutes to GD's school to watch her in a play. It is 6 months since I have been able to do the trip.
Congratulations Narrate.

harrigran Thu 16-Jun-16 22:09:41

Blooming tablet, NanKate not Narrate.

Lona Thu 16-Jun-16 22:22:10

Well, my good news was yesterday but.... I got the keys to my flat! Also met my landlord and he's lovely!

Mildred Thu 16-Jun-16 22:32:34

Lovely thread, daughter and family having a lovely time on holiday in Ibiza, missing them but enjoying the break and house has stayed clean all week only vacuumed for the 2nd time today since they left on Monday, they are missing all this rain, back on Wednesday.

cornergran Thu 16-Jun-16 23:52:36

Mobile phone problem fixed by a smiling and definitely not condescending member of staff in the shop. Such a relief. Lunch with very good friends, unexpected visit from granddaughter. Put it all together and a very good day. Love the happy thread. Good to read.

POGS Thu 16-Jun-16 23:58:03

My brother-in-law has come out of Intensive Care after suffering kidney failure and my granddaughter had her 10th birthday. sunshine