Gransnet forums

Chat

OK, who's got my mojo?

(68 Posts)
kittylester Tue 28-Jun-16 15:30:29

I've lost it and i hate not having it. sad

I like to keep busy and at the moment all I want to do is sit down with a cup of tea.

If this is Brexit, I want to go back in quick. grin

Wheniwasyourage Thu 30-Jun-16 18:45:04

Maybe you're right rosesarered; the weather's better today and mine has come back in a shy, tentative sort of way. Wilma, that's lovely!

rosesarered Thu 30-Jun-16 16:56:49

I think it may be the weather, lack of sunshine, mojos are shy little things who dance about in the sun.

AlieOxon Thu 30-Jun-16 15:58:54

I got mine back for a mo, Jo....now my car is legal tomorrow. I was pushed. Think I exhausted it again

grannyqueenie Thu 30-Jun-16 13:16:50

Love it, Wilma ! smile

soop Thu 30-Jun-16 11:47:21

Thank you, WilmaKfit I'm laughing right this minute.

WilmaKnickersfit Wed 29-Jun-16 23:28:04

I love this! grin

WilmaKnickersfit Wed 29-Jun-16 23:24:05

grannylyn if I find my mojo I will, but I will give you a wave anyway! grin

grannyqueenie Wed 29-Jun-16 23:06:46

Thanks jings think I'll steer clear of that one then, sounds like Hobson' s....who was Hobson anyway? I'm in a questioning mood! grin

Blinko Wed 29-Jun-16 21:05:28

Oh Fiddlesticks!

Blinko Wed 29-Jun-16 21:05:03

cupcake]

Blinko Wed 29-Jun-16 21:04:19

Well mine went down the pan on Friday when we woke up to the BG SHOCK. Then today I planned to check out a walk for our rambling group with a friend, notching up activity on my newly acquired Fitbit, and it's p....ed down all day. I think wine and flowers and [cake] are in order...

grandMattie Wed 29-Jun-16 17:45:05

Very kind Wheni. Thank you - and cupcake and wine to you too. Hope the mojo returns! grin

Wheniwasyourage Wed 29-Jun-16 17:22:33

Mine's gone too. It disappeared on Friday (was so depressed that I washed the windows, so things were really bad) and I thought yesterday that it was starting to come back, but it's gone again today. Can't be bothered to settle to anything, even the waste of time fun things that usually cheer me up. The weather doesn't help, of course; every time I think of getting on with the weeding, the rain comes on again.

The fact that it's a 2 day on the 5:2 means that comfort eating is out, but that is really a good thing as I would regret it later (i.e. while standing on the scales tomorrow morning).

I send you all cupcake , roastchicken and wine , which might help and won't do any of us any harm.

grannylyn65 Wed 29-Jun-16 16:36:50

Pop in and see me Wilma!!

Dartzie62 Wed 29-Jun-16 14:44:29

I understand this; nothing worse than not having any get up and go!

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 14:28:17

Thank you JOHN19488. I did. smile

soop Wed 29-Jun-16 14:25:24

number Tyke! x

AlieOxon Wed 29-Jun-16 14:25:23

Someone lend me some to make me look at my car papers and see what I have NOT done re MOT etc and also my licence! I keep putting it off........

grandMattie Wed 29-Jun-16 13:51:02

PS Where do they sell this "mojo" stuff everyone is telling me about? confused

grandMattie Wed 29-Jun-16 13:50:31

Not too much mojo on holiday. Remember Shirley Valentine? grin

Craftycat Wed 29-Jun-16 12:51:44

It's the weather. I was very happy until all the rain of last few weeks- or is it months now!It is so depressing- wake up to lovely sun & think - OK TODAY I will get on with things. Then by 10am the clouds come over & down it comes. Garden is a soggy wilderness & any hope of watching Wimbledon is a forlorn one.
It's nothing to do with politics-personally I think everything will work itself out before too long (if they get ON with it)- it's just that it's supposed to be summer & it just isn't.
Going off to Rhodes next week & expecting a sudden onslaught of MASSIVE Mojo when we land! Hoping to bring it back with me.

grandMattie Wed 29-Jun-16 12:03:21

DH loves to grow globe artichokes from seed. They generally flower the second season and for ever after... We have planted ours in various borders. They look great and of course taste lovely. Try it merlot

annsixty Wed 29-Jun-16 12:02:03

My mojo has been washed away. It is lashing down here and we have a really hard gust of wind every so often which has the shrubs and small trees nearly horizontal.
My H is driving me bonkers and If I don't get out soon I will go mad.
So pleased I got that little rant over. I rang my D for a moan but she has gone into work so that was a no-no.

MaizieD Wed 29-Jun-16 11:50:02

Artichokes are dead easy to grow from seed, merlotgran.

I feel I lost more than my mojo on Friday. I lost my country (Well, what I 'thought' was my country) But there's a certain grim satisfaction in watching the ensuing chaos.

JOHN19488 Wed 29-Jun-16 11:47:23

Ha ha enjoy your trip