Gransnet forums

Chat

Today I have been (will be) mainly

(53 Posts)
grannyactivist Wed 24-Jun-15 23:08:33

Remember this (slightly adapted) thread?

So, today I have been looking after my poorly two and a half year old grandson and we've both enjoyed our time together very much. We made jelly pots and had a lovely walk to pick elderflowers and then made cordial with them. grin

But today I've also been very sad as my beloved mother in law was taken into hospital in the middle of the night. She had an operation a few days ago and seemed to be recovering okay at home, but yesterday she became increasingly unwell and has now been readmitted. I can't even go and visit her tomorrow as I have the little one to look after so my husband (who is her son after all hmm) is going instead. Slightly envy

Anne58 Wed 24-Jun-15 23:13:53

Every good wish to you and yours, as the saying goes. You are a very special person, hope your friends and family realise this and value you!

grannyactivist Wed 24-Jun-15 23:18:27

Shouldn't you be in bed phoenix? You've got a job to go to in the morning! (Sounds good eh?) grin

Happily it's mutual with my family and friends phoenix - they're a lovely lot. smile

Anne58 Wed 24-Jun-15 23:23:36

moon smile

harrigran Wed 24-Jun-15 23:37:18

Best wishes to you and yours ga, hope everyone gets well soon flowers

loopylou Thu 25-Jun-15 05:45:00

I hope your beloved MIL gets better soon ga, and that the little one is back to his normal bouncy self very quickly flowers

kittylester Thu 25-Jun-15 07:20:06

Hope everyone is feeling, and doing, better today ga.

Today I will mainly be going to Sainsbury's, unpacking and putting away all with 2year old DGD. Then I'll need a lie down in a darkened room! grin

AshTree Thu 25-Jun-15 07:54:29

Sorry to hear about your DMiL ga and really hope she will recover soon - also your little GS.

Today I will mostly be ensuring everything is organised and in place for when my DD and brand new GD come home - either this evening or tomorrow.

Greyduster Thu 25-Jun-15 08:33:44

Today I will be mainly spending the day at the hospital with DH where he sees a surgeon about repairing his inguinal hernia. It will take us the best part of two hours to get there, we will be there, by the sound of it, about two and a half, and two hours to get back, so a long day.

AshTree Thu 25-Jun-15 08:41:39

Good luck with all that Greyduster, and best wishes to your DH for a good outcome here.

Greyduster Thu 25-Jun-15 08:43:21

Thank you, ash; very kind.

annodomini Thu 25-Jun-15 09:21:08

Hope it's not too tedious, Greyduster and GA, let's hope this is just a temporary setback for your MiL.
I'll be having a brew with a friend this morning and then picking up another friend to go out to lunch. If the weather holds, I hope to get out in the garden later on.

Lona Thu 25-Jun-15 09:32:27

grannya I hope your lovely mil recovers quickly, and your dgs is responding well to the drugs. flowers

Today I'm mooching round the local 'posh' shop with my friend and then she wants egg and chips in our favourite Turkish café. I will just have a coffee and pinch her chips! wink

Teetime Thu 25-Jun-15 09:36:23

Oh dear I hope all the poorly ones are having a better day today. flowers.

Today I am off to the osteopath at last given in - the sciatica during the night is driving me mad and all my golf balls are going round corners so I deduce from that that my back is out of alignment again. - hope its not too painful - used to kill me the last sessions I had a few years ago - bottle of Prosecco on ice for after!!! smile

Greyduster Thu 25-Jun-15 10:00:03

Sorry to hear that, Teetime. All my golf balls used to go round corners, but it was incompetence, not physiology!smile. Hope you get some relief from it soon.

Elegran Thu 25-Jun-15 10:54:34

Just sitting down at the pooter to watch online as my grandson graduates ( here He is the long thin one with a ponytail, getting a BMus 2/1)

grannyactivist Thu 25-Jun-15 11:10:36

Thanks all for good wishes; grandson is much better and mother in law - no change. sad

Elegran - that's such a treat, being able to watch the ceremony and feel a part of it. Vivat academia!
Good luck to all who are having medical interventions and happy eating to 'ladies who lunch'.
Ash you must be very excited. smile

Today I will be mainly entertaining my grandson, who is slightly more boisterous now that he's feeling better, although he's still unwell enough to be wanting lots of cuddles. Like kitty I will need to flop by the time he's in bed.

Elegran Thu 25-Jun-15 11:23:09

I think he is going to be right at the end. I might go and make cup of coffee.

grannyactivist Thu 25-Jun-15 11:48:26

Did you see him yet Elegran?

Elegran Thu 25-Jun-15 11:54:29

Still waiting! I did see him file in at the start! Can't see his parents in the audience either. Don't dare leave my seat or I will miss him.

ninathenana Thu 25-Jun-15 12:02:02

Can't access the video sad

Elegran Thu 25-Jun-15 12:03:29

Well, not quite last but damn near it, but saw him at last, and I did a screensave, so with any luck I will have a photo.

grannyactivist Thu 25-Jun-15 12:04:25

Going by your description - and the fact that he was indeed very near the end I do believe I may have spotted your grandson Elegran. His name was A.B.?

Elegran Thu 25-Jun-15 12:06:31

I took several screensaves, I can paste the last one into OpenOffice, but I can't find the earlier ones. Can anyone help? Have they been overwritten by the later ones?

Elegran Thu 25-Jun-15 12:06:55

YES that was him, GA.