Gransnet forums

Chat

I've had enough!

(36 Posts)
Teetime Sat 05-Sep-15 09:34:37

As I sat on the sofa yesterday evening I watched my feet turn a delicate shade of mauve. So I put the heating on, this morning I have put the 10tog duvet back on and I've just packed the summer clothes away. Fed up with it!

Jane10 Sat 05-Sep-15 09:37:04

I know what you mean. I've been eyeing up my fleece and Ugg slippers but can't bring myself to succumb to Autumn quite yet. Besides the shivering uses up calories!

annsixty Sat 05-Sep-15 09:39:05

We have had our CH on for several days now with the thermostat turned down.I hate to get cold as it takes so long to warm up again.I do agree with you I think we have mostly had a dismal summer.

ninathenana Sat 05-Sep-15 09:41:11

smile jane10
No heating yet but I have put away my summer skirts and wore a cardi to go out yesterday.

sunseeker Sat 05-Sep-15 09:41:34

I haven't switched on the heating but I have got the throw out of the airing cupboard and sit with it over my knees in the evening!!

Indinana Sat 05-Sep-15 09:45:15

Same here. I've had the fire on in the mornings and last night I too swapped the duvet over to the winter one. I bought two new pairs of sandals in the Spring, and I've not even worn one pair yet, the other pair hardly at all. I was shivering as I got in the shower this morning shock.
I've given up waiting for summer to arrive sad

loopylou Sat 05-Sep-15 09:53:47

Just about refrained from digging out winter weight duvet and as I'm wearing a fleece and socks I guess I should have done so when changing the bed this morning.
I might just as well put away summer clothes too sad, most of which have remained unworn this so-called summer.
CH is on low......and it seems really early for that, usually do it in October.

Jane10 Sat 05-Sep-15 09:55:15

I must say the cat has taken to sitting beside the radiator glaring meaningfully at me but I still refuse to put the heating on. He can sit on my knee if he's that cold. DH is harder to accommodate though!

Galen Sat 05-Sep-15 09:56:00

70°+ heregrin

loopylou Sat 05-Sep-15 09:59:00

Grrrrhh!!

Looks lovely, very envy (also answers my question on jingl's hello thread!

Hope you're having a wonderful holiday, cheers!wine x

henetha Sat 05-Sep-15 10:25:23

I've been gazing longingly at my hot water bottle for several days now, but have so far managed to resist the temptation to fill it this early in the autumn. But I did put the electric fire on for an hour last evening as my feet were so perishing cold! Summer? What a wash-out.

thatbags Sat 05-Sep-15 10:59:42

I'm getting an extra quilt out today so that I can pull it over me if I feel cold during the night. I've started using a hot water bottle this week and am thinking about getting an electric under-blanket. Does anyone recommend a good one?

This morning it was warm enough in the sun to sit outside with a cup of tea at nine o'clock though (with a sweater and two t-shirts on), and there were no midges. Gotta be good!

Down to one t-shirt now and it's cooler in the house than outside.

thatbags Sat 05-Sep-15 11:00:28

Hello, galen! smile Cheers! wine

ffinnochio Sat 05-Sep-15 11:12:11

Cheers wine, from me too, Galen

nightowl Sat 05-Sep-15 11:46:54

Changed my duvet to the winter one two nights ago and slept better than I had for days while I was trying to convince myself it was too early. Couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning though, partly because of a headache but mainly because I was just too cosy smile

The heating has been on for a few days in the evenings as well. Why suffer?

hildajenniJ Sat 05-Sep-15 12:25:20

I am putting my winter duvet on tonight, after finally buying a new one.
I don't know what got into the dog, but she peed on the old one. I took it to the launderette to wash, which was fine. I sent DH back for it, and he saw fit to put it in the drier! He melted it!!!
Won't it be lovely to be war in bed again?

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 05-Sep-15 12:29:50

Oh Galen! envy I'm so pleased for you. smile

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 05-Sep-15 12:30:30

I crossed that emoticon out. Didn't work.

janerowena Sat 05-Sep-15 13:17:04

It looks very appropriate to me though! grin

Hello Galen! You look very well. I am even more jealous than jings.

The heating is on for an hour every night now, it has made a big difference. I do feel a bit guilty, but DBH hates the little halogen fire I use for a bit of a boost, he says it hurts his eyes.

annodomini Sat 05-Sep-15 13:26:51

Lovely for you. Galen. That will set you up for the winter the next cruise. sunshine

tanith Sat 05-Sep-15 13:51:11

Can't say I've been cold enough for the CH to be on, I'm still hoping we will get some late Summer warmth...

dustyangel Sat 05-Sep-15 13:51:25

Lovely photo Galen, you look so well and happy. And warm wine

Cherrytree59 Sat 05-Sep-15 20:05:10

GREEN WTH ENVY Galen. This time last year freezing. This year boiling! menopause! At least last year it was cosy fire and warm throws. This year DH will have to shiver or layer up! Might save on heating bills though hmm

Judthepud2 Sat 05-Sep-15 23:34:54

We have had these temperatures pretty well all summer! Count yourselves lucky that those of you in South of England had some heat in July ( I know because I was there on 2 separate occasions). Here in NI we have been sat in a northerly airstream for about 3 months!

I have the heat on morning and evening and have returned the electric blanket to the bed! sad Summer clothes? Hah! Most of them didn't even get out of the storage bag.

Galen hope you continue to have a lovely time. Great photo.

jogginggirl Sat 05-Sep-15 23:51:22

Shorts packed away, winter duvet back on, garden furniture stored away and slow cooker in use! Summer is officially over sad