Gransnet forums

Genealogy/memories

Part 2 of Do you remember your first time

(27 Posts)
Bea65 Sat 29-Jul-23 16:08:20

Sorry but some of the threads are titillating so couldn't help myself...yes I remember first time...pretty boring..not in the least exciting...and yes, didn't want a second time for a long time! Think i was a late developer!

Fleurpepper Sat 29-Jul-23 16:14:32

Oh yes I do. A very good experience, very empowering and wonderful.

Salti Sat 29-Jul-23 18:08:47

How could anyone forget?Amazing! Marvellous! Wonderful! He wasn't even a boyfriend..... but a wonderful giving teacher.

welbeck Sat 29-Jul-23 19:35:16

that sounds rather dubious.

Imarocker Sat 29-Jul-23 20:08:32

I think everyone remembers their first time. I married him.

henetha Sat 29-Jul-23 20:26:31

And me. Married him.

Floradora9 Sat 29-Jul-23 21:47:42

I remeber the first time we hared a bed for the night . It was the first night of our honeymoon and I thought it was rubbish. We were on a touring holiday and had not booked and the next hotel we stopped at only had single bedded rooms left . I was so happy .

Deedaa Sat 29-Jul-23 22:13:39

My first time was nearly with one of the lecturers from college. He was a lovely man, very sexy and funny and it was all going really well until he stopped and said "I'm sorry, I can't do this - I've met your mother"! Nearly 60 years later I still regret it. As it was the first time was with my husband to be and was OK but nothing mind blowing.

Grandma70s Sat 29-Jul-23 22:24:43

I remember. It was OK, not amazing, but I thought it was about time. I married someone else.

sharon103 Sat 29-Jul-23 22:32:27

As I said on part 1 thread. I'd rather have had a bar of chocolate grin
It got better though and I married him
Divorced a good few years ago now so I'm eating my chocolate on my own.

LauraNorderr Sun 30-Jul-23 01:33:32

sharon103

The difference between sex and chocolate Sharon is that chocolate is good even when it’s soft.

NotSpaghetti Sun 30-Jul-23 05:48:44

But not all chocolate is good either, I think, LauraNorderr

nanna8 Sun 30-Jul-23 06:06:24

Sue him, Salti! Attem girl. Not appropriate. I married the first one,too. Still married, 56 years on ( child bride !)

Salti Sun 30-Jul-23 10:23:01

nanna8

Sue him, Salti! Attem girl. Not appropriate. I married the first one,too. Still married, 56 years on ( child bride !)

Sorry, very badly put. I don't mean a teacher as such. I just mean a wonderful man who taught me a lot one marvellous Summer.

Greengage Sun 30-Jul-23 10:58:17

My first was not a good experience and I felt physically sick afterwards!! But like Salti, I met a man who taught me how beautiful the experience should be.

sharon103 Mon 31-Jul-23 00:12:08

LauraNorderr

sharon103

The difference between sex and chocolate Sharon is that chocolate is good even when it’s soft.

Ha Ha smile

nanna8 Mon 31-Jul-23 00:13:35

Understand now, Salti. I had visions of a hapless schoolgirl being seduced by an older teacher!

kircubbin2000 Mon 31-Jul-23 08:21:07

Looking back I think it would be called rape. I was very innocent and was waiting in a nightclub in Eastbourne for my new boyfriend who was very late. An older Italian, probably in his 30s, took hold me for a dance despite telling him I was waiting. He then ushered me outside, past the boyfriend,and said we were going for chips.
He took me to his flat and wouldn't believe I was a virgin. I was too scared to escape and I think that put me off sex.

Bea65 Mon 31-Jul-23 14:38:13

Oh *kircubbin2000 *have found myself in this situation also.. have never been able to trust completely since my experience 🙏

MiniMoon Mon 31-Jul-23 14:59:58

My first time was with a student nurse in my single bed in the nurses home. Men weren't allowed, that made it more exciting. It was good, but not fantastic. We had a lovely summer and then he transferred to another hospital.
After that I got back together with an old boyfriend who is my husband of 42 years.

seadragon Mon 31-Jul-23 15:23:47

We actually waited till we were married.....he was very patient and amazing because of my having been kidnapped by a professor(!) -but managed to threaten him into taking me home - and had had other abusive childhood experiences. We broke the bed in the process!!! Had to tell the owner.... I slid down the wall with embarrassment ....turned out it was what ever the equivalent is of an 'apple pie bed'. DH definitely a keeper. Grabbed him in 1967 and still going strong! BTW, we got back to the flat to discover a branch of a pine tree in the bed! Scottish ideas of fun!! I know how lucky I've been and tell him most days. Feel so sad for all those who have had only negative encounters...

MayBee70 Mon 31-Jul-23 18:43:26

Oh crikey. This thread made me look up the boy who took my virginity. We’d met on holiday and he came to see me a couple of times. I was impressed with the fact that he had a car: no one where I lived had a car. He was a couple of years older than me. One night he said he didn’t want to see me again because I wouldn’t sleep with him, so I did. And never saw him again. I was 15. Never told anyone. Didn’t expect to see his name anywhere if I googled it but there it was. He died suddenly at home three years ago. It’s really shaken me. I used to queue up at the local phone box to phone him but he never wanted to speak to me. He took away my self esteem which I never really got back….I guess he wasn’t much more than kid himself sad

Bea65 Fri 04-Aug-23 10:09:48

MayBee yes can appreciate you were shaken at the news of the boy who took away more than your self esteem..your story of queueing up at the red telephone box to ring him, struck a chord with me...I was very infatuated with a boy and like you didn't want to speak/see me -he used to get his mom/nan to say he wasn't home...when I knew he was (good girl friend lived next door to him ) she was my 'spy' glad I'm not that age again as rejection hurts..

MayBee70 Sat 05-Aug-23 11:53:21

I’ve just remembered the worst bit. He said one of the reasons he didn’t want to see me again was that I wasn’t a virgin and I’d lied about it sad. I wonder if he ever realised what an effect his actions had had on my life and how it had shaped the way I thought about myself? Or even gave it a second thought? And, of course, it wasn’t something that I could talk about to anyone, it was like a guilty secret.Then again, I’ve probably done things that have hurt other people without realising it. It must be even more difficult now being a teenager, with social media etc. Round about the same time I met a gypsy boy on holiday and he treated me like a queen . Which at least shaped the way that I’ve ( hopefully) never judged people by their social standing. Anyways, I’ve got it off my chest now, after all these years!

Fleurpepper Sat 05-Aug-23 11:56:49

Oh my goodness MayBee- to have kept this a secret all those years. I am so sorry to hear. Well, if this thread has given you the chance to offload about it, it would have been worth it. hugs

I guess those of us who have positive and happy memories of 'that' particular event, as I have- are very lucky indeed.