Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Daughter in law problems

(78 Posts)
Caren01 Tue 24-May-16 15:12:36

I have 4 beautiful GDs and my DIL resents that they love me, my son now to keep peace is going along with her wish that my husband and I are not invited to any of their sports games ( that we used to go to) we watched these 4 little girls for 8 years whenever they needed a sitter, kept them for weekends if mom and dad wanted to leave town, helped when the household was down with the flu and then BAM I am a passive aggressive manipulated person, this she posted on Facebook! How after their 10 years of marriage now I am the enemy?? I miss my GDs horribly they know I am blocked from messaging them and they only know that it's between their mom and I.

SwimwithFish Mon 25-Jul-16 22:37:36

Please don't threaten or go down the grandparents rights route (unless you truly suspect child abuse/neglect/harm).

If this were any of the grandparents (including my own parents who I get along very well with) it would make me even more sure that they were not safe people. This is using the courts as a desperate weapon that will not be appreciated. (Sorry to say!)

jackrack111 Sat 27-Aug-16 20:57:41

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.