Gransnet forums

Health

Recovery from haemmhoroidectomy

(6 Posts)
Charly Fri 29-Apr-16 01:13:32

Hi there ladies, My 69 yr old hubby had a haem'dectomy last week and is still in A LOT of pain when he has bowel movements ( about three a day with Laxido). Any ideas how long is average for recovery?

Purpledaffodil Fri 29-Apr-16 06:36:52

Was it the HALO op? Took DD about a fortnight and a friend much longer to be pain free, several months in fact. His consultant told him this happens to a few people. Hope your DH is a two week one!

Charly Fri 29-Apr-16 11:05:04

Thank you! Let's hope so!

Luckygirl Fri 29-Apr-16 11:08:06

I have had thrombosed plies lanced and the pain does continue for quite a while. The key is to keep the "traffic" friendly. So even if the laxido is making him go more often, that is miles better than trying to get the rock of Gibralter through.

It is a very sensitive area, but usually heals well I am told.

shysal Fri 29-Apr-16 11:29:41

I had the HALO procedure, which is described on line as painless. Well, I couldn't sit down for a month! Nevertheless, I am very pleased that severe anaemia made me decide to have the piles treated, it was worth the pain. I hope your hubby soon improves.

Luckygirl Fri 29-Apr-16 13:15:49

I was intrigued as to how the wounds did not become infected - if you rubbed sh** into any other wound you would be pretty well up the creek! But I was assured that the passage of this material over the wounds would be fine - and it was!