Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

September meet up in Nottingham

(67 Posts)
Teetime Wed 31-Aug-16 09:02:36

Hallo all
some of us from the East Midlands are having a met up lunch in Nottingham on 20th September - all welcome to join us but please let me have the numbers so I can book a table.

Nandalot Fri 02-Sep-16 19:49:57

I'd love to meet up too if there is room at the table. I'm between Newark and Lincoln so a train from Newark would be ideal.

Tegan Fri 02-Sep-16 19:52:08

My sons wedding was near Newark on Monday....

Tegan Fri 02-Sep-16 20:08:25

Before I forget we must swap mobile numbers before 20th; if I don't get round to doing it pm me to remind me [not that I know how to use my pay as you go mobile but it's better than nothing...]I did check out Jamies on Wednesday on my way to M&S so I think I know where it is [it's by one of my favourite shops, The Token House so, if I'm not at Jamies at the right time that's where I'll be; I get a bit carried away by the shops in Nottingham!]

Teetime Fri 02-Sep-16 21:02:32

We can always go somewhere else .. can someonesuggest somewherebthat serves plain food.

Teetime Fri 02-Sep-16 21:09:23

I dont mind where we meet the meeting each other is more important than the menus.... suggestions please I am happy to go with the majority for the sake of the meet up I will try most things so that we can enjoy each others company. I have to say I am going to make this my last attempt at a meet up so I am willing to be very flexible. If you could please let me know I will cancel the booking at Jamies

numberplease Fri 02-Sep-16 21:38:46

Don`t cancel your booking because of me Teetime, everyone else is happy with your choice. It`s not your fault that I`m a faddy eater, I just don`t like fancy stuff and sauces or spices. There`ll be other chances for me to go to meet ups, I`m sure. xx

Greyduster Sat 03-Sep-16 12:56:42

I don't mind where we eat either - a sandwich in the park will do - but please don't change the date - I've booked my train! ?

Tegan Sat 03-Sep-16 13:57:39

That's great; I'm not sure where the station is in relation to the shops/restaurants.

Teetime Sat 03-Sep-16 14:12:57

OK lets keep the table. I have been there many times and I know they are happy to accommodate special diets and to cook something plainly or perhaps a salad or an omelette duster you could juts sit with us and have a drink and the breadbasket and/or juts a pudding - its a very informal place and they are always keen to please. Yes of course nandalot do join us it would be lovely to meet you. Tegan you have been there before - we had a Xmas meal together there a couple of years ago. Its not far from the train station and the buses run from there into the centre anyway.

Teetime Sat 03-Sep-16 14:13:28

Why cant I type just?

Greyduster Sat 03-Sep-16 14:51:50

Teetime I think you misconstrued me - my reference to a sandwich in the park was a euphemism for if we were relocating to try to accommodate number who couldn't eat at Jamie's. I am very happy with Jaimie's menu and won't be restricting myself to the breadbasket smile. I have to say your efforts in organising this get together are much appreciated.

Greyduster Sat 03-Sep-16 14:56:06

Before anyone jumps on my back, I know 'euphemism' was the wrong word to use! Just can't think of the right one!!

Tegan Sat 03-Sep-16 15:07:54

Can't even spell it Grey, let alone know what it means grin...[well impressed though!]

Tegan Sat 03-Sep-16 15:22:19

Are you still up for it Nandalot?

Nandalot Sat 03-Sep-16 15:58:08

Yes, please. Have looked at the menu and have already decided! Thank you!

Tegan Sat 03-Sep-16 16:14:59

grin

Teetime Wed 07-Sep-16 09:17:38

Dear all
I am away next week so I thought I would just confirm our awayday on 20th September 2016 in Nottingham at Jamie's Italian restaurant Low Pavement. We have a table at 12.30 for 6 people.
I would just reiterate that this is a relaxed and friendly restaurant who are very accommodating and willing to adjust the menu. They serve large and small plates of much of the menu and are quite used to people mixing and matching from the menu.
I'm looking forward to seeing you all and if there are a few extra people I'm sure they will fit us in.

best wishes
Sue

kittylester Wed 07-Sep-16 09:26:38

Thank you for organising. See you then! Xx

Greyduster Wed 07-Sep-16 10:02:19

Thanks, Teetime! Looking forward to it.

starbird Wed 07-Sep-16 11:34:58

Thanks for organising it. See you all there.

Nandalot Wed 07-Sep-16 11:43:26

Thank you for organising,Teetime. Look forward to meeting you all.

Teetime Thu 08-Sep-16 09:17:36

Wonderful - see you there! smile

Teetime Thu 08-Sep-16 09:44:45

I will pm you all my mobile phone number etc in case you need a search party.

Teetime Sun 18-Sep-16 13:31:47

Dear all
looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday 20th Sept at Jamie's Italian in Nottingham at 12.30. Sadly we are only 5 now but is anyone else would like to come (or indeed drop out) please let me know and I'll alter the booking.
See you then xx

annsixty Sun 18-Sep-16 14:13:23

I hope you all have a lovely time and I feel I would have managed the train fine now that I am fairly mobile. However my appt at the Orthopaedic clinic, hopefully for discharge, is 2pm. I do hope to meet up with you all sometime though.