Gransnet forums

News & politics

What has Harry been up to now!

(154 Posts)
Gally Wed 22-Aug-12 10:36:33

Prince Harry has, apparently, been up to his antics again - but has he? Is it all a con? What do you think? I must say the film of him in the buff with strategicly placed hands looks convincing, but......... hmm

Nonu Wed 22-Aug-12 19:55:35

Ella 46 do u think u will get one ?????? grin

Anagram Wed 22-Aug-12 20:00:54

The might well be cavorting with him, Annobel - but where would they put their guns? hmm

Annobel Wed 22-Aug-12 20:10:38

Perhaps they'd keep their socks on, Ana. Or maybe they'd make sure they won whatever stripping game they were playing. One source said strip pool; somewhere else, strip billiards and yet another, strip poker. Maybe all three.

Anagram Wed 22-Aug-12 20:13:52

Or perhaps they'd be allowed to keep their gun holsters on.
Otherwise, going for a gun in the sock in an emergency could be fraught with danger....confused

JO4 Wed 22-Aug-12 20:14:51

Strip billiards would be a bit dodgy. Or pool. shock

blush

JO4 Wed 22-Aug-12 20:15:37

I mean.......................................

............naked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shock

nanaej Wed 22-Aug-12 20:49:14

how do you make a snooker table laugh? ...................................................................................................

Put your hands in its pockets and tickle its balls!

Was told that by a 4 year old when I was teaching in a nursery ..over 20 years ago but still remember him telling it..over lunch!

Ella46 Wed 22-Aug-12 22:40:29

nonu I live in hopes! grin

The security men keep their guns in their red stars obviously

Anagram Wed 22-Aug-12 22:53:37

Awkward to retrieve in a shoot-out, surely...? confused

Ella46 Wed 22-Aug-12 23:03:44

I'm sure they would soon get to the bottom of the trouble!

Gally Wed 22-Aug-12 23:12:45

Why was there a billiard table in a hotel suite? Ok I know it was Las Vegas, but is that normal - it must have been a very big one! hmmwink

Gally Wed 22-Aug-12 23:13:36

Hotel suite I mean wink

Nelliemoser Wed 22-Aug-12 23:29:18

There was a recent radio program (or a trailer for the same) about the behaviour of King Edward VII as Prince of Wales and as king. There is nothing new in this world!

absentgrana Thu 23-Aug-12 09:26:08

The royal family is not known for its intellectual prowess and Prince Harry has a history of doing extremely stupid things. Playing strip pool in a Las Vegas hotel room with a bunch of young women picked up in the bar is daft. This is a digital age and of course someone is going to take photographs. (Where did she hide the phone/camera?) There will be a lot of money involved in the publication of these pictures. It's hardly surprising that Buck House is spitting nails. It can't do anything about American newspapers or the internet but is busy whining about British papers having a duty to respect the prince's privacy. It should do something to control this stupid boy or shut up. The latter is probably easier.

JO4 Thu 23-Aug-12 09:29:32

I remember reading a story, some years back now, about members of the royal family running around corridors naked, chasing each other.

JO4 Thu 23-Aug-12 09:30:20

I expect it is a big one Gally. smile

JO4 Thu 23-Aug-12 09:30:39

Make of that what you will. hmm

absentgrana Thu 23-Aug-12 09:31:26

JO4 Now I would have thought that was so unlike the family life of our own dear Queen. smile

JO4 Thu 23-Aug-12 09:32:56

Well yes. I would too. But there. hmm

soop Thu 23-Aug-12 13:24:21

HildaW Agree! smile

granjura Thu 23-Aug-12 16:20:46

Who cares - done privately in his private life - behaving like a lad, any lad. I'd much rather see him in the buff than in a Nazy uniform. I feel sorry for hi - why can't he do anything in his life without fearing that someone will take pics and sell them on.

Ella46 Thu 23-Aug-12 16:48:40

I think, at his age (27),in his position, it shows a lack of respect for his Gparents and Father, to have let this happen.
By all means do it, but don't be so naive as to think that strangers won't take pictures and flog them around the media.

I like Harry, but this shows a lack of judgement, that he should have by now.
Also, sack the security! Anything could have happened to him!

He's got a cute butt though! grin

Grannylin Thu 23-Aug-12 17:10:55

Agree with everything ella Not so sure about the butt but at least he keeps his knickers on to sunbathe!

JO4 Thu 23-Aug-12 17:29:41

For God's sake, anyone who crticises this 27 year old for this is being absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Making a mountain out of molehill.

Annobel Thu 23-Aug-12 17:47:13

I don't think anyone begrudges Harry a bit of fun, but we might doubt the wisdom of inviting perfect strangers up to his suite without first confiscating their i-phones!