Gransnet forums

News & politics

Oh No!! They were my favourite Gogglebox family.

(67 Posts)
merlotgran Sun 07-Dec-14 14:13:23

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2863696/Goggleboxgate-Ukip-candidate-s-fury-ousted-key-seat-star-hit-C4-show.html

Scrolling down, I don't like the sound of the Steph and Dom boozy session with Nigel Farage either. hmm

daffydil Thu 11-Dec-14 11:26:04

Although I have watched this from the start and thoroughly enjoyed it, I have been wondering whether it is beginning to run its course and not be able to sustain another series without becoming too predictable. The only other reality show is watch is Strictly.

KatyK Thu 11-Dec-14 10:56:40

I often wonder what the 'celebrities' think if they watch it. Someone (usually Leon) says ' I can't stand him' or 'he/she is rubbish/talentless etc'.
Comments me and DH are always coming out with!

merlotgran Wed 10-Dec-14 22:17:24

DH is very outspoken in his criticism where the telly is concerned. I often think, Thank God we're not on Gogglebox!

soontobe Wed 10-Dec-14 22:11:16

Noooo. I have both a lack of imagination. And a lack of a sense of humour.

Tegan Wed 10-Dec-14 21:23:32

Does anyone watch a tv programme and secretly fantasise that they're being filmed for Gogglebox [ie try to think of witty things to say about it]? blushblushblush

KatyK Wed 10-Dec-14 20:54:46

We don't watch any reality either, but as you say Gogglebox is different.

Grannyknot Wed 10-Dec-14 18:45:50

I don't like reality TV shows usually. I don't even watch TGBBO! Maybe sometimes a bit of Ben Fogle... But Gogglebox is different, it's genuinely funny tchgrin

soontobe Wed 10-Dec-14 18:24:33

I will happily admit to no taste! I really dont care! I gave up on having pride years ago.

KatyK Wed 10-Dec-14 18:15:51

Grannyknot - They have changed it slightly from everyone just watching TV and commenting and added a few things like Leon shouting from the kitchen to June, when she is reading the paper (ie not watching the TV at all) and everyone looks a bit smarter. I still like it though and most of the characters tchsmile

Kiora Wed 10-Dec-14 18:02:32

Oh I'm so glad you all like it. I really enjoy it. But was afraid it might be like admitting that I enjoy big brother. Lots of my friends and colleagues just think I've got no taste.

Ana Wed 10-Dec-14 17:57:41

Oh yes - and she's such a daddy's girl, isn't she? tchgrin

merlotgran Wed 10-Dec-14 17:52:55

DD says that one of the reasons she likes Gogglebox is that everyone is nice to eachother.

I think she has a point. We see so many fictional families being utterly vile that it's quite heartwarming to spend an hour with people like the Siddiquis, (so polite) Steph and Dom, Leo and June and the Tappers - even though I think their daughter really ought to take her thumb out of her mouth and sit up straight tchgrin

Anne58 Wed 10-Dec-14 17:40:26

That's the chap merlot ! Never utters a word!

I thoroughly enjoy Gogglebox, although usually I avoid reality tv like the plague. There was an entertaining article in the Telegraph when Judith Woods went to meet Steph and Dom, they clearly adore each other.

soontobe Wed 10-Dec-14 17:28:54

This is the first year I have seen it. And only started watching because one of my children likes it.
I couldnt get into it at first, as I couldnt get used to the idea of us watching tv watching others watching tv. [I realise that that is probably not an original thought!]

Tegan Wed 10-Dec-14 17:19:31

I can't beleve that Sandy and Sandra are only 4 years apart age wise; I always thought of the chubby one as being much, much older. I do love them though.

Grannyknot Wed 10-Dec-14 16:38:08

Katy I agree it's less spontaneous.

KatyK Wed 10-Dec-14 16:15:17

I love wide eyed Scarlett Moffatt and some of the comical things she says smile

Grannyknot Wed 10-Dec-14 15:22:32

The funniest "Steph and Dom moment" was one night when he got up to fetch more drinks and slowly sank to his knees and disappeared behind the couch. She said "What are you doing?" He replied "I'm going down in the lift". Funnier visually, but yes he was plastered! tchgrin

KatyK Wed 10-Dec-14 14:26:38

I LOVE Gogglebox although I think this series is a bit more contrived than the previous ones. I suppose they have to try to keep it fresh.

merlotgran Wed 10-Dec-14 11:34:31

phoenix, He's the German man's daughter's boyfriend. He never says a word and has had his hair cut since the last series.

They're all here

PS Don't let Pedant's Corner see this article tchhmm

Tegan Wed 10-Dec-14 10:43:43

I'm not sure that that family are still in it; either that or the son doesn't appear. I did get him mixed up with Louis confused.

Anne58 Wed 10-Dec-14 10:28:55

Does anyone else wonder when the son of one of the families is actually going to say something? I've never heard him say one single word!

daffydil Wed 10-Dec-14 10:17:24

I love Leon and June particularly when June rolls her eyes and give a big sigh when Leon is saying something deliberately provocative and he kjust sits there smiling.

Treebee Tue 09-Dec-14 19:12:44

I love Gogglebox. Both DDs say DH and I are just like Leon and June! I sort of agree.

TerriBull Mon 08-Dec-14 19:05:39

I like the two gay guys in Brighton, I know they swear a lot, but the one with the glasses is really funny. I also think the Geordie girl, is very witty and amusing, although a tad too orange. The three Asian men make the most interesting comments without obscenities. I like Steph and Dom too, although he always appears to be a bit pissed to me. I think I remember they were once on "Four in a Bed" featuring their wonderful house.