Gransnet forums

News & politics

Indeyref2 - No means no.

(10 Posts)
SueDonim Tue 20-Sep-16 17:15:51

That should say 'came of age'.

SueDonim Tue 20-Sep-16 17:15:17

I'm fed up of this Neverendum stuff, too. I've never not voted since I was 18yo but I am seriously thinking of giving it a miss, should we be taken to the polls again.

My youngest is 20yo and she has voted five times since she became of age. Even she is fed up of it. hmm

nigglynellie Tue 20-Sep-16 16:43:17

grin

rosesarered Tue 20-Sep-16 15:04:22

You are right Beth and I imagine that Scottish people do not want to go through all that again! The only thing they can do is refuse to vote for the SNP who will be forcing this on them ( is it the SNP forcing shortbread on Jeremy Corbyn?)

Smileless2012 Tue 20-Sep-16 14:46:56

I'm also disappointed in her too Tizliz. The Brexit vote being undemocratic to Scotland blah blah. They knew the EU referendum was coming and if they'd wanted to ensure their continued membership they should have voted to leave the UK.

Hang on a minute though, wasn't Scotland told by the EU prior to it's referendum that they wouldn't be accepted as EU members if they voted to leave the UKhmm. If I've remembered that correctly, what's all the post Brexit fuss been aboutconfused.

DaphneBroon Tue 20-Sep-16 08:27:10

It is just asking the same question over and over again until the "right" result is achieved hmm

LullyDully Tue 20-Sep-16 08:23:28

I dont understand the concept of a referendum that needs to be repeated and repeated until it suits certain politicians.

obieone Mon 19-Sep-16 22:40:11

They dont like losing. So to get around that inconvenient truth, in their heads, they just havent won yet!

Tizliz Mon 19-Sep-16 22:04:09

I had hoped that things would get better with Ms Sturgeon, how wrong I was.

Beth61 Mon 19-Sep-16 21:55:21

Am the only person to have felt utter despair when Nicola Sturgeon stated that Independence transcends Brexit, oil and the economy? Contrary to what Salmond and co say, 2014 was not a " glorious" time; friends and families argued ( my step daughter is still not speaking to me) but we were told it was a once in a generation vote so gritted our teeth. After the decisive vote to remain part of the U.K., that should have been that however, at every opportunity, we are threatened with another referendum. Any excuse. Why can't the SG get on with the day job and sort out the NHS , schools and Police to name but a few and start using the considerable powers they have? The constant gripe and grievance politics is becoming tedious.