Gransnet forums

News & politics

Keir Starmer is on Jeremy Vine programme channel 5 from 9.15am

(7 Posts)
Grannynannywanny Wed 31-Aug-22 09:22:06

Instead of the usual panel of 2 or 3 guests he’s a solo guest. The discussion will be the cost of living crisis. He’ll be taking phone calls live on air from the public.

Doodledog Wed 31-Aug-22 09:26:42

I'm watching. JV is his usual simplistic and interrupting self, which is irritating, but it's good that Sir Keir is putting himself out there, which is more than Liz Truss is doing.

It is always risky to take calls from the public, as you don't know what is going to come up, and I think it shows more sincerity and belief in your policies than studio interviews where you know the questions in advance.

Doodledog Wed 31-Aug-22 09:30:05

And good on him for not engaging with Owen Jones.

I used to like him (OJ), but he seems to have been taken over by aliens and become misogynistic and quite unpleasant.

Grannynannywanny Wed 31-Aug-22 09:36:41

And good on him for not engaging with Owen Jones.

Doodledog
I used to like him (OJ), but he seems to have been taken over by aliens and become misogynistic and quite unpleasant

I agree. That was a very unpleasant prerecorded clip by Owen Jones. I can’t help thinking Jeremy Vine is going to do his best to embarrass Keir Starmer.

Doodledog Wed 31-Aug-22 09:37:30

Yes, as usual.

I don't know why I watch JV. He's bad for my blood pressure grin

Galaxy Wed 31-Aug-22 09:40:17

Hes had image/presentation training I think, which is good, one of Starmers strengths is he really really wants to win.

Mamie Wed 31-Aug-22 09:42:45

Have just been watching Steve Reed, the Shadow Minister for Justice. He was very impressive; clear, on top of his brief and responding well to questions about other issues.