Gransnet forums

News & politics

Liz Truss and KK show yourselves

(6 Posts)
Allsorts Thu 29-Sep-22 05:11:15

These two should face the public, they are conspicuous by their absence. Getting the country into this mess they should both go. No second chance. For the first time in my life I feel this country is at risk, because of their actions. They can't be trusted and need to answer why they want uk bought down against all advice. Face the public , banks, the financial bodies and the press. They are not up to it. I was the one saying give her a chance you don't know her strengths. How wrong I was.definitely no confidence, I could do a better job.

Daisymae Thu 29-Sep-22 07:34:09

Truss is going to speak today. She's going to say that it's nothing to do with her. Expect that she's going to blame Putin, EU, Bank of England and anyone else she can think of. She will also say everything will be ok if we stop worrying about it and be happy. I'm pretty sure that I won't listen.

Daisymae Thu 29-Sep-22 07:57:53

Apparently BBC local news interviews!

Jackiest Thu 29-Sep-22 08:47:07

If you are earning over £155,00 a year you will be better off. So I can not see what people are complaining about surely there can not be many people surviving on less than that.

I think they are just grabbing as much money as they can and will then run.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 29-Sep-22 08:50:28

In previous governments Truss was always prevented from doing interviews as she was notoriously bad at them.

She has chosen to “do” local interviews, as it is considered an easier ride, rather than face the big beasts of interviewers.

Grannynannywanny Thu 29-Sep-22 08:51:46

Truss is on BBC radio just now doing a round of multiple interviews she committed to prior to the mini budget. There are live updates and links to them on the BBC news app.