Gransnet forums

News & politics

Tories tell us to :’Just move on….’

(13 Posts)
CvD66 Tue 12-Mar-24 19:24:45

First we were told to ‘Move on..’ from protesting about he Palestinian crisis. Now the Tories tell us that blatantly racist comments from their donor is nothing..and we should move on. After all, it was 5 years ago. Yet 3 years previously MP Jo Cox was killed. However if it’s a Tory donor threatening to shoot a black, female MP, we should just ‘Move on’. Just what are the Tories on….?

Cossy Tue 12-Mar-24 19:32:15

Another planet?

Louella12 Tue 12-Mar-24 19:42:51

Rishi, our 'wonderful* PM has said the comments are indeed racist and wrong.

About time, Rishi

Granniesunite Tue 12-Mar-24 19:56:04

We’ve got the ballot box. Let’s use it wisely this time..

I’ve never voted Tory but have been stuck with them as a government for years I’m hoping this time will be different.

Iam64 Tue 12-Mar-24 20:13:36

Dianne Abbott has reported Frank Hector to the Met Police parliamentary investigations team.
Komi Badenoch, William Hague and Kwasi Kwarteng also described his remarks as racist.
Saying she made him hate all black women and should be shot - racist, inflammatory hate speech.

Sunak has finally said through his spokesperson, the remarks were ‘racist and wrong’, This after Tory spokespeople used words like ‘inappropriate’ throughout the day.

charley68 Tue 12-Mar-24 20:26:13

It is totally a hate and racist speech by that man, and why has it not been reported to the police? It seems that because he is so rich that he can say what he wishes to. One would think that the world will stop turning when someone/anyone/women state that something is patently true, and the matter is reported to the police.

Cossy Tue 12-Mar-24 20:31:35

Granniesunite

We’ve got the ballot box. Let’s use it wisely this time..

I’ve never voted Tory but have been stuck with them as a government for years I’m hoping this time will be different.

Me too! But we do ALL have to stop being apathetic (all as in everyone in the country, not here!), and get off our backsides and vote (vote for whomever you wish, but please vote!)

Deedaa Tue 12-Mar-24 20:35:41

Misogyny and racism aside the thing that bothered me was the casual suggestion of shooting someone. We've had too many attacks to treat it as something light hearted.

biglouis Tue 12-Mar-24 20:45:34

Ive never voted anything but conservative (to the utter disgust of my parents) but I cant say I will be voting for any of the two main parties.

biglouis Tue 12-Mar-24 20:45:52

Any = either.

grumppa Tue 12-Mar-24 21:32:18

One of the frustrations of never having voted Conservative is that one cannot protest by withdrawing one's support.

Grantanow Thu 14-Mar-24 08:32:01

'Just move on' might well be what the voters tell the Tories at the GE.

J52 Thu 14-Mar-24 09:02:43

Grantanow

'Just move on' might well be what the voters tell the Tories at the GE.

👍