Gransnet forums

Pets

New cats!

(95 Posts)
grannylyn65 Sun 24-Jul-16 16:43:06

Have just 'adopted' 2 2year old cats! They had a bit of a look about, eaten a bit and now have taken refuge behind sofa/setee ! If I pull sofa out, one will come up to me and rub himself all over me, and has been up on my lap, the other is reserving judgement! I only got them yesterday and, as yet have not used litter box, don't appear
to have gone elsewhere ( its a tiny house ) Should I just leave them be or be more proactive?
They are brothers btw.

Spangles1963 Mon 01-Aug-16 18:12:20

Aw 2 lovely black boys. I have a bit of a soft spot for black cats as they are often overlooked at rescue centres,for some reason. Our last cat was pure black,as is our present one.

grannylyn65 Wed 03-Aug-16 11:00:52

So I am rediscovering; eating my plants, careering round like racing drivers, breaking ornaments and I still love em !!!

grannylyn65 Fri 05-Aug-16 12:52:40

And have wrecked bathroom!!

WilmaKnickersfit Fri 05-Aug-16 15:37:33

They've settled in then?! grin

Charleygirl Fri 05-Aug-16 18:56:07

You must teach the pair of them the word "no"- they sound a right pair of rascals. It sounds as though they know that it is their house so all hell reigns!

phoenix Fri 05-Aug-16 19:07:53

What on earth have they done in the bathroom???

grannylyn65 Fri 05-Aug-16 19:36:41

I had, had being the operative word, baskets of various bathroomy things on the window ledge. All in bath this morning! And my newly repaired blue dolphin is again tailless !! Or finless !!

grannylyn65 Fri 05-Aug-16 19:41:04

They are excellent at the huge eyes 'Who ,Us ?'

Jane10 Fri 05-Aug-16 21:42:46

Awww. Worth it though!

Jane10 Fri 05-Aug-16 21:46:33

Feeling sad for a local family this evening. A friendly ginger cat was found run over in our car park. I know that somewhere nearby there must be a family in bits about their poor wee cat. sad Sorry to be a downer -just appreciate the cats we have.

grannylyn65 Thu 11-Aug-16 09:37:15

Sad Jane?Both chaps no microchipped so will be venturing outside soon! Any tips? Live in quiet
avenue, all fields too back of house x Still as lively, but occasionally sleeping. Hate visitors!!

grannylyn65 Thu 11-Aug-16 09:37:27

to

grannylyn65 Thu 11-Aug-16 09:42:09

You can't reach me!
Quiet time!

Jane10 Thu 11-Aug-16 10:03:50

Lovely boys!

Charleygirl Thu 11-Aug-16 10:05:58

Make sure that they are very hungry when they both go out. Their tums will hopefully bring them home again.

grannylyn65 Sat 13-Aug-16 16:31:42

Well, Outside For The First Time will be, weather permitting, Tuesday ?

gettingonabit Sat 13-Aug-16 16:57:21

They're beautiful. Gorgeous.

Apparently black cats have fallen out of favour because "they don't photograph well"hmm.

phoenix Sat 13-Aug-16 18:38:04

Absolutely gorgeous! When I went to get Oliver Sprout from Cat's Protection, he was in a pen with his sister, a tortoiseshell girl, and his brother Joe, a stunning black boy, I was so close to taking both OS and Joe, but couldn't bear the thought of leaving one on her own!

Luckily someone took the remaining two as a "pair".

seacliff Sat 13-Aug-16 18:51:05

We have 4 cats of our own, and about 7 weeks ago we took on 4 more kept in a garden run as foster kittens. Two have been rehomed, the other 2 boys we bring in the house every day to have more space to play. They are very happy and settled, and everyone who visits says how lovely natured they are, and how they look so at home and happy.

It is getting dangerously close to us having SIX cats!!! We must rehome them soon, as they are now young cats, not cute kittens.It is the cost of vets bills, and would our lovely neighbour take on 6 when we go away (not often).

Today we have taken on another four little kittens, just 5 weeks old, and the charity are trying to catch the remaining two. We have a full house. We will have to harden our hearts and try hard to find loving homes for them all.

It's true, so hard to take good pics of black cats, usually just a black blob with a gleam on the eye.