Gransnet forums

Relationships

Making friends

(54 Posts)
Granne72 Tue 24-Feb-15 21:29:26

All advice in making friends suggests joining things. How do people get past the 'hello' stage and the general chit chat to form friendships?

Granne72 Tue 03-Mar-15 12:35:10

Now i have realised there are more posts beyond the bottom of the page i will try to answer some of them !! Thank you all what a supportive bunch you are.
Rubylady a timely reminder about asking questions and maybe i need to practice this.
TriciaF did you know James Taylor is my favourite singer ? but i have just re listened to the words thanks.
Hymnbook i know what you mean my ability to talk to people is also dependent on how up or down i am feeling. I don't think you are doing anything wrong , you sound a very kind friend. When i don't feel able to phone people , i send them a friendly e mail which sometimes helps to keep a contact going.
Ethelbags Falconbird and Annsixty you have reminded me why i should not be stressing about my friendships . My mum also lost friends when she had cancer. I am interested to know what you feel would be the most supportive things friends / acquaintances could do when someone is ill. We all as potential friends should know this. Soontobe may be right in thinking this should be a new thread.

Kataryna25 Fri 03-Apr-15 21:18:16

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

soontobe Sat 04-Apr-15 19:53:55

I didnt notice that you had reposted a couple of days later.
I hope that you are still about.
I did start a new thread that day.
But cant find it, to link it for you.
[I dont think that I use the search forum in the correct way, and I have no idea what I called the thread, or which topic I put it on.]