Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Remember Me

(73 Posts)
ninathenana Sun 23-Nov-14 22:33:47

Anyone else find this a little too creepy, Or am I a big wimp ? Not sure I'll be watching next weekend.

'Are you going to Scarborough fair......' shock

rosequartz Mon 24-Nov-14 17:11:53

Bored. Nodded off a couple of times to be woken up and found I had missed something. I suppose I shouldn't have been trying to read the paper at the same time.

rosesarered Mon 24-Nov-14 20:07:01

Thought it was very good, creepy, atmospheric, great acting, loved it! Absent Grandma it was in Yorkshire, and part of it was at the seaside [there is seaside in Yorkshire. ]Perhaps a tad confusing in that some of the houses looked the same [inside and outside].Michael Palin is a better actor than I had thought.Some good scary edge of seat moments.

Grannyknot Mon 24-Nov-14 20:42:00

It was a bit slow-going at first so husband switched it off and I didn't bother to remonstrate with him. I watched the rest of it on my own this evening and ... [scared emoticon] ... I shan't do that again! Creepy and then some.

The two main young actors are show stealers. Michael Palin is good too.

PRINTMISS Tue 25-Nov-14 08:41:28

Firstly, let me agree with you Brenda so many programmes these days are in the dark, and it is difficult to see what is supposed to be happening. I did say to the other half at the end of the programme that I did not think I would watch any more, but then, I really do want to know!

whitewave Tue 25-Nov-14 10:16:16

Hid behind a pillow most of the time. My theory is that the wet lady is the old boys Aiya (not sure if I have spelt this correctly) and he somehow drowned her, and she is out for revenge - as you would.

absentgrandma Tue 25-Nov-14 22:12:03

I do know Yorkshire has a coastline Rosesarered. Scarborough perhaps? It was the poor old OH who had become totally confused with the scene-switches. He's much happier with documentaries... or football matches. You know where you are with them.

Sighs and abandons hope of watching episode 2 next Sunday sad

Eloethan Wed 26-Nov-14 12:23:42

I did a search. Apparently it was filmed in Huddersfield, Marsden, Slaithwaite, Scarborough and Holme Valley.

rosesarered Wed 26-Nov-14 22:03:15

absent Oh dear, your poor OH. Record it and watch it when he is asleep!grin

Ana Sat 29-Nov-14 20:05:43

Just finished watching it now. Not half as scary as some of you made out.

It did seem to owe quite a bit to Whistle and I'll Come to You and The Ring, but I enjoyed it!

grumppa Sun 30-Nov-14 22:26:25

Part two unengaging, in spite of the pretty pictures of Scarborough. Not enough lighting in some scenes, and some of the dialogue cursed with the BBC mumble problem. Ghostly figure at the end just silly.

petallus Sun 30-Nov-14 22:33:31

Irritating ghost.

The young woman is nosy, always snooping.

I like the policeman. I can't see the ghost bothering him. He doesn't have the wit or imagination (what does that remind me of I wonder?)

rubysong Sun 30-Nov-14 22:33:36

Lots of atmospheric spookiness and not a lot of plot progression.

ninathenana Sun 30-Nov-14 22:37:57

Part two.
Not a lot to say really, more weird than creepy I thought.

ninathenana Sun 30-Nov-14 22:40:15

DH thinks woman in home that doesn't speak is his wife confused

Ana Sun 30-Nov-14 22:45:55

Disappointing second episode I thought - getting a bit silly now. Certainly not scary, quite boring in parts.

Nelliemoser Sun 30-Nov-14 23:19:04

Yet again too B dark! Some woman appeared to be cooking an a kitchen with a couple of low energy light bulbs in table lamps.

On that theme, it seems that now in crime dramas they all seem to doing autopsies while using low energy table lamps. Mutter Mutter Mutter, Rant!

rosequartz Sun 30-Nov-14 23:27:39

All that water - I kept wanting to go to the loo!

jellybeans123 Sun 30-Nov-14 23:56:24

Its quite spooky and atmospheric but I'm finding the plot a bit difficult to follow.

Eloethan Mon 01-Dec-14 00:04:15

I agree Ana - not fulfilling its earlier promise and getting extremely silly. The acting is good though - and the scenery.

PRINTMISS Mon 01-Dec-14 07:24:11

I quit enjoyed it, although the plot (?) does seem to be a little complicated at the moment. My dear husband has difficulty following these things, and was absolutely frustrated with the dark scenes and muttering. Will watch to see how it ends.

merlotgran Mon 01-Dec-14 10:47:36

The trailers tell us it's scary, Radio Times tells us it's scary, even Gogglebox tells us it's scary. A dripping tap and a few 'this'll make you jump' scenes do not a good ghost story make.

Lots of hype for a boring plot IMO

BTW, I have a glass vase full of those little shells. My dad brought them back from a posting to the Maldives many moons ago.

I'm keeping my eye on them!!

rosequartz Mon 01-Dec-14 13:32:21

I think it's just a bit, well, um, wet grin

Ana Mon 01-Dec-14 13:43:06

Some of the characters are certainly rather drippy...grin

Jane10 Mon 01-Dec-14 13:59:54

I had recorded it and set the TV to record the whole series so I could see it in a oner. After watching the people on Gogglebox watching it I had to delete the recorded episode and cancel the rest of the series recordings. It looked horrible!! I just want to be entertained by a good story not petrified. I know its all just TV but the human imagination being what it is I feared many sleepless nights! So no thanks from me!

whitewave Mon 01-Dec-14 14:09:01

recorded it but shan't watch it now after all the comments.