Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Archers Addicts 2

(1000 Posts)
Anne58 Wed 09-Sep-15 11:17:55

The original one is full, having reached 1,000 posts shock, so I thought we could start again!

merlotgran Wed 09-Sep-15 14:42:10

Heavens! Who'd have thought it.

All aboard the Helen & Rob thread grin

Anne58 Wed 09-Sep-15 14:50:03

Do you think they are going to spin it out very slowly, over months & months?

merlotgran Wed 09-Sep-15 14:55:11

Yes I do. I think Rob's a scriptwriter's dream. Mental cruelty, manipulation, physical abuse, industrial espionage, fraud, child protection issues to name but a few possibilities.

I just hope he eventually comes to a sticky end.

Anne58 Wed 09-Sep-15 15:01:53

But I will be hoarse from shouting at the radio!

Still, I suppose I can distract myself by keeping tally of the number of "darlings" each episode.

annodomini Wed 09-Sep-15 15:07:44

I still think Rob belongs in an Eastenders plot rather than in our own dear Archers! wink

suzied Wed 09-Sep-15 20:25:33

no Rob is far too posh for Eastenders! It's good they have a bit of excitement in the Archers, would be dreary if it was all about the latest WI meeting.

Iam64 Wed 09-Sep-15 20:39:59

Oh I don't know suzied, some of the WI meetings have been fraught.

Nanabelle Wed 09-Sep-15 23:02:05

I'm not sure that the Rob/Helen storyline is exciting - more horrific and worrying that no one in her family sees what is happening. Really hope nothing happens to little Henry. Pat needs to join Gransnet and then she might see our concern!

merlotgran Wed 09-Sep-15 23:09:18

But how could anyone in the family suspect there's anything wrong? Only a couple of weeks ago Helen was so loved up it I nearly switched off.

The cracks are showing though so it won't take them long.

Nandalot Thu 10-Sep-15 11:05:58

What is up with Ruth? I thought she was a bit OTT last night. Of course, she might feel a bit left out but that's no excuse. Poor Jill has moved out. David has asked his mother to go so that her mother can move in. calm down Ruth.

Does anyone else find the new Pip's voice annoying?

merlotgran Thu 10-Sep-15 14:15:10

I can empathise with Ruth. When my mother had a stroke I had to take over a large slice of her care and the running of her home so she could return to it when she was discharged from re-hab. It was summer and my brothers and their families were all swanning off on holiday, DH was still working, our children had their own lives and I then had to cut my teaching hours to to fit it all in. In a very short time I became somebody who didn't seem to matter any more so long as Mum was OK. angry

I think the scriptwriters are spot on.

Anne58 Thu 10-Sep-15 17:39:07

Yes, the new Pip is annoying, but not as much as the old one!

chelseababy Fri 11-Sep-15 10:34:57

Did you hear "Grace Archer" on Womans Hour this morning talking about her "death"? There is going to be a play on radio 4 about why her character was killed off. She says it was not because of the launch of ITV. Think it's on on 19th.

merlotgran Sun 13-Sep-15 20:08:13

Pip is costing her parents a fortune. As well as the 2.5K cancellation fee they've had to pay the agency, she's going to move into Rickyard Cottage. Wasn't that a holiday let?

Why didn't they just keep Matthew on for a while seeing as David's up to his neck and Ruth is hardly ever there? Seems daft parting with all that money for nothing. hmm

Does the tax man know how much rent money Jill is sitting on I wonder? wink

Luckygirl Sun 13-Sep-15 22:16:35

I am slowly losing the plot. If Rickyard Cottage is available, why isn't it offered to Jill?

grumppa Sun 13-Sep-15 22:44:45

Why doesn't Pip shack up with the Farebrother brothers, and leave Rickyard Cottage free for whichever granny wants to live there?

As for Grace Archer, it is possible to distinguish between the strategic decision to bump her off and the tactical one to upset the launch of ITV by having her die on that very night.

merlotgran Sun 13-Sep-15 22:52:25

Isn't Rickyard Cottage supposed to be unsuitable for olides? Steep stairs or summat.

I have an image of us all standing around a map of Brookfield/Ambridge like aircraft plotters in WW2. Just when you think you've located a spare room somebody zooms in and nicks it.

Never mind. Heather will probably pop her clogs and David will have to move Jill's writing desk back to her (Pips?) old bedroom. hmm

Iam64 Mon 14-Sep-15 08:33:38

I was just a bit irritated with Ruth when she wondered how Grannie Heather can be looked after 24 hours a day when she finally arrives at Brookfield. It's a good story line, given how many families are facing the issues that arise when grannie or grandpa need to be looked after 24 hours a day. In real life though, bright enough folks like Ruth n David would have been considering that alongside all their other discussions over recent months.

chelseababy Thu 17-Sep-15 15:02:38

Rob not happy about plans for the shop, spoils Helen's girls' night and now wants to adopt Henry!

Alea Thu 17-Sep-15 15:24:01

So is Helen pregnant do we think? (Tired, pale, *not drinking wine*)
Eurgh a baby Rob, poor little bu**er.

Gracesgran Thu 17-Sep-15 15:41:47

She (Helen) did not leap at the idea of Rob adopting Henry did she. Interesting ...

merlotgran Thu 17-Sep-15 16:40:23

I don't see why Rob had to ply Helen with drink and rape? her to get her pregnant. They'd just had a honeymoon of sorts.

And I can tell you without a shadow of doubt that's it's very easy to get pregnant on the Isle of Wight. There's only 11 months between my first two. shock

Gracesgran Thu 17-Sep-15 19:09:26

Was that because of the Isle of Wight merlotgran. I wish I had known - I had a four year wait between my two smile

merlotgran Thu 17-Sep-15 19:18:44

grin Must have been all that sun, sea, fresh air and pop concerts!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion