Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Netflix shows

(24 Posts)
Honeyrose1 Mon 24-Oct-16 16:16:35

I loved Orphan Black and looking forward to the next series which I think is the last. Stranger Things is brilliant a fantasy set in the 80's reminiscent of Spielberg films. If you like sci fi and comedy then I would recommend IZombie which is brilliant and not in the least zombie like and full of great characers. I also loved Daredevil but then I am a fan of the Marvel comics.

mabel681 Thu 06-Oct-16 11:44:16

Grace and Frankie is wonderful! House of Cards is also a good watch.

f77ms Fri 26-Aug-16 09:55:56

I may try The Good Wife as so many of you have recommended

f77ms Fri 26-Aug-16 09:54:41

I am not a fan of Box sets but have watched some very good films on NF

45 years - Really enjoyed this one about an aging couple and some jealousy issues (sounds grim but very watchable)

Silver linings play list - Just superb . Manic depressive Adult son goes to live with parents and the mayhem which ensues , Robert De nero as the long suffering Dad is so funny . .

Anything with Louis Theroux - Documentaries , the one called Louis and the brothel is v good .

ollieamber54 Fri 19-Aug-16 11:26:29

well, i'm about to sit down with a cuppa (and maybe a couple of biscuits) and watch the way we were. I love this film, and barbara streisand, so much. caught my eye this morning as i was flicking through thinking how glad i am to be able to sit down for the first time this week - roll on new term!

grannymouse303 Tue 16-Aug-16 09:19:53

Lots of people loving The Good Wife I see! I'll put this on my list. Thanks for the suggestions smile

AllieGB Tue 09-Aug-16 12:22:01

Oh do Marelli, it's well worth it (imho!). I keep seeing bloodline and almost clicking on it...maybe I should give it a go!

Marelli Tue 09-Aug-16 11:30:46

Bloodline is also very good. Quite a few episodes (over 2 seasons, I think?)
I must look for Brooklyn, AllieGB. I just missed it when it was on at the cinema. smile

AllieGB Tue 09-Aug-16 10:39:19

I got very excited last night when I realised they'd added Brooklyn to Netflix. Lovely film, very moving and well acted. Julie Walkters, as always, is marvellous.

anne53 Sun 07-Aug-16 17:18:19

Love Suits, House of Cards and The Good Wife. Recently been introduced th Lie to Me by my son. Am now addicted to it!

yattypung Sun 07-Aug-16 14:41:07

Hildajennij, the program is called Touch not Truth...I have just watched episode 4 and really enjoying it.

hildajenniJ Sat 06-Aug-16 20:08:54

I've just watched the first episode of Truth with Keifer Sutherland. It's about a father and his mute autistic son. The little boy is mute, but obsessed with patterns in numbers. Netflix have season one, but there are two seasons.

Nvella Sat 06-Aug-16 18:35:02

Orange is the New Black - great characters

Omaoma57 Sat 06-Aug-16 13:25:25

Have you watched the Good Wife? We are finding it quite enjoyable....

trisher Sat 06-Aug-16 13:12:18

I loved The Good Wife, great to see Michael J Fox acting again and his part was great. I loved the USA House of Cards, but then I do like Kevin Spacey

BGB31 Sat 06-Aug-16 11:35:46

I'm addicted to The Good Wife at the moment. It's about an American lawyer and her lawyer / politician husband. I love it.

Kate51 Sat 06-Aug-16 11:23:21

Love Frankie and Grace, Breaking Bad, Rake,another vote for Jimmie Smidt. Loved the original house of cards, couldn't get in to the American remake. Loads of films both good and bad. Just finished watching Bloodless and really enjoyed. Fargo is also good. Think it is great value,always something to watch.

sillup Sat 06-Aug-16 11:18:43

Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Dexter, Spotless,Suits - the list is endless. Suits is a personal all time favourite. Happy viewing!

Disgruntled Sat 06-Aug-16 09:38:30

Have you watched Mad Men? Set in the 50s and 60s and I bet you won't spot an anachronism anywhere. Terrific script and cast.

hildajenniJ Fri 05-Aug-16 17:51:21

I'm really enjoying "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt". It's very funny. I also liked "The Strange Calls" an Australian comedy, but was disappointed to discover that there were only six.

Teetime Fri 05-Aug-16 14:14:08

Sensitive Skin with Kim Cattrall was very good.

Frankie and Grace Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin is excellent.

Films I enjoyed The Other Woman Cameron Diaz
and Bad Teacher Cameron Diaz as well as all the Woody Allen films.

I really enjoy Netflix it give me a really good mixture and is only £7.99 a month.

Grannyknot Fri 05-Aug-16 09:55:20

We're currently watching Stranger Things on Netflix. It's good, but it's scary!

Grannyknot Fri 05-Aug-16 09:52:59

Hi mouse303 there was a Netflix thread on GN earlier, here's the link:

www.gransnet.com/forums/tv_radio_film_arts/a1225290-Netflix

grannymouse303 Fri 05-Aug-16 09:22:14

Hi all,

I've been following recommendations from friends & family regarding TV series on Netflix. People have suggested Orphan Black to me a lot, but I just can't get into it and found it didn't live up to the hype. Same with House of Cards. I have watched Orange is the New Black which I enjoyed but I can't seem to get into anything else.

Can anyone else want to recommend a series on Netflix?