Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Archers Addicts 5 !!!!!

(910 Posts)
phoenix Sat 24-Sep-16 16:44:21

So, as the trial has been and gone, we are all glad that Helen won, and Rob had his true self revealed, will the rift 'tween Adam & Ian be healed?

Whose jam will be judged to be the best? Will Joe approach his final rest?

Will Grange Farm rent be paid on time?

Can I be arsed inspired to write more drivel rhyme?

Away we go!

Lazigirl Mon 26-Sep-16 17:04:28

Sorry, meant shysal.

AyjayF Mon 26-Sep-16 19:56:44

Blimey. Now Alice has gone all self-assembly important. Is she morphing into Kate?

AyjayF Mon 26-Sep-16 20:16:37

How did the word assembly get in there? Just self important will do it!

merlotgran Mon 26-Sep-16 20:35:46

There's a thread of incredible rudeness to their parents running through that whole generation. They all sound like entitled brats who could do with a good slap!

AyjayF Tue 27-Sep-16 07:02:34

Is the scene being set for Alice to have an affair with her 'super, whizz kid' new boss???

Lazigirl Tue 27-Sep-16 09:26:39

Must be Ayj otherwise why would she say to Adam I would NEVER be unfaithful to Christopher!!

Luckygirl Tue 27-Sep-16 12:09:53

Or Christopher ism about to stray.

shysal Tue 27-Sep-16 12:26:21

I don't seem to have heard Christopher for ages. Perhaps he has left and needs to be written out.

AyjayF Tue 27-Sep-16 12:44:32

How I long for Tiger to come back.

Hunt Wed 28-Sep-16 10:07:35

I really don't like the new Pip/Rex/Toby story line .It seems so contrived and silly. How do others feel about it.

Hunt Wed 28-Sep-16 10:08:00

?

shysal Wed 28-Sep-16 10:30:26

Yes, Hunt, very annoying!

merlotgran Wed 28-Sep-16 10:33:51

I agree Hunt. It's nice to have episodes that are no longer dominated by the Rob/Helen storyline but the whole Pip/Rex/Toby thing is tedious.

Gracesgran Wed 28-Sep-16 19:48:07

Pat probably should have talked about Rob getting away without being punished to Jazzer[worried grimace]

merlotgran Wed 28-Sep-16 19:57:32

The joint account has had a mention. Doesn't Helen have to instigate divorce proceedings in order to freeze the accounts?

Have Pat and Tony officially sacked Rob?

Gracesgran Wed 28-Sep-16 20:29:51

Shouldn't not should. Grrr

Gracesgran Wed 28-Sep-16 20:31:57

It's never been mentioned merlot. I suppose we have to assume they understand employment law and have followed it.

phoenix Wed 28-Sep-16 21:31:50

I have been thinking about what should be said to Henwee (yes, I know it's not real! grin)

But bearing in mind all the poison that Knob dripped into his ear about Helen, perhaps when he next asks why Giddyjack (aka Myson) can see "Daddy" and he can't, someone might just say something along the lines of Daddy was rather unkind to Mummy, which made her very sad and now that Mummy is better the "people" thought it would be better for the three year old sounding Henwee to be with Mummy.

Alternatively of course he could be told various things, such as "the person you call Daddy is not only a psychopathic, narcissistic deluded fuck wit/knob head , who made you put your bunny in the bin,but he is not genetically connected to you, for which you should be grateful, so give it a rest with the silly voice"

PS Sorry, I've not had a very good day blush and it's probably better to have an Archers rant than try to have any sort of meaningful discussion on other topics!

merlotgran Wed 28-Sep-16 21:37:33

I'll go for your second option, phoenix grin

Have a wine and chill.

Iam64 Wed 28-Sep-16 22:46:16

Phoenix, you aren't alone in planning how you'd help Henry understand what's been happening in his life. He saw the stabbing row, he talked to the social worker about life at home as well as the incident. Helen could ask that so for advice and in RL she probably would. She would hopefully have some trust in her given the fact her assessment and recommendations were accepted by the judge.
The social worker would have explained her job and given Henry age appropriate info about the wise judge etc etc. That could be a starting point for talking with Henry. If he asks why giddyjack sees daddy he can be told the judge felt that would be ok if grandpa was there to make sure giddyjacks toys don't go in the bin. Also that a clever person is to see daddy and ask him lots of questions, then tell wise judge loomis whether he thinks daddy should see giddyjack when he's a big boy like Henry ....

phoenix Wed 28-Sep-16 22:51:04

Well put,*Iam*, sorry again for rather sweary rant! blush

Nelliemoser Wed 28-Sep-16 23:24:16

I think the actress subsequently known as Shula Hebden Lloyd used to do childrens voices.

LullyDully Thu 29-Sep-16 16:22:36

Certainly it is time that Helen broached the subject of Henry's conception with him. Surely there are word to explain it to a five year old without getting tied in knots. He needs to grow up with the idea rather than having a shock in adolescence or someone else, less kind, telling him He needs to be proud that she wanted him so much that she went to have IVF.

She will then have to find the words to explain about how Rob behaved, it will be harder to explain the stabbing. I would have thought an older child at school knows what happened if not and that isn't how Henry needs to find out the truth.

However, I did wonder at Pat sharing her problems with Jazzer, a.lovely man, but not known for his emotional intelligence!!

It is refreshing to get back to more mundane story lines at last. I think Pip may end up with Rex as Toby has so much growing up to do.

merlotgran Thu 29-Sep-16 20:16:06

Well done, Ed for putting Alice in her place. What an unpleasant woman she's becoming.

AyjayF Thu 29-Sep-16 20:50:42

Alice is 'protesting too much' re: hers + Chris's relationship