Gransnet forums

AIBU

to be able to have at least a day in bed?

(43 Posts)
gracesmum Fri 02-Dec-11 17:18:48

Is it asking too much to be able to stay in bed in an attempt to stave off flu without having to deal with a crisis? OK DH brought me lemsip and soup but did he have to go out without telling me, without having let the dog out first, withut shutting the sitting room door so she couldn't get in and pee on the sofa? She is a very clean dog, but doesn't bark to go out - she just whimpers and looks stressed so you have to know what's what, and worst case scenario the hall floor would have been better than the sitting room. He will of course go bananas at her when he eventually gets back form the friends he has apparently dropped in to see.
I was angry with her, but it's not entirely her fault - I heard her whimper but assumed he was dealing with things - until it was too late. He is not a dog person, is he had been he might have taken her for a walk first, but she adores him so the wee may have been stress at being left. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I have had to drag myself out of bed to deal with things, Becauseof his medical things the world revolves around him and his needs and I could scream-WHAT ABOUT ME!

grannyactivist Sat 03-Dec-11 23:19:50

Another good outcome for you then Gracesmum. Hope you get a good night's sleep and feel better in the morning. smile

bagitha Sun 04-Dec-11 08:09:47

All the best, gracesmum! Pulling out sounds like a good plan. I hope you're feeling better today.

greenmossgiel Sun 04-Dec-11 10:15:13

Hope you're feeling much better gracesmum! Best to stay in and keep cosy - those sore ribs need warmth, not the cold air waiting outside for you! smile

jingl Sun 04-Dec-11 10:17:26

"may be on my last day". *Gracesmum! shock shock shock

Annobel Sun 04-Dec-11 10:34:29

(((((hug))))) gracesmum. I hope you feel much better today. Take good care of yourself.

glammanana Sun 04-Dec-11 11:01:10

So glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, when I had the dreaded flu bug the couggh it left hurt the ribs for a while all gone now thank goodness you have my sympathy gracesmum thanks hope you meant on your last day of illness ? confused

jingl Sun 04-Dec-11 11:05:47

I think GM meant last day of DH being sympathetic!

But if you didn't Gracesmum - you get out of that bed right now and start moving about!

grin

(Hope you're well soon) smile

nanachrissy Sun 04-Dec-11 11:13:52

Hope you feel much better today Gmum xx

glammanana Sun 04-Dec-11 11:18:40

jingl Oh I'm with it now confused just a bit slow this morning,miserable weather outside and trying to get the energy to go and get car out of garage and go to DDs and do Christmas menu.

gracesmum Sun 04-Dec-11 13:30:32

Woke up feeling human which made a nice change as I couldn't have thought my way out oif a paper bag over the last 2 days. Drove DH to church, put a casserole in slow oven for tonight then (heaven knows why) felt an urge to polish silver confused
Get up and go has alas now got up and gone, but finally made it to the laptop with a cup of coffee - after HEAVY HINT- sorry to miss the Shapewear excitement- did you all repel boarders successfully?
Thank you all for sympathy/understanding! Have a nice day!! thanks

crimson Sun 04-Dec-11 13:54:35

Years ago I felt extremely ill, and my baby son was unwell also. My ex husband [note the word EX]. took my daughter to visit his parents, stayed overnight, came back the next day and complained that the house was untidy.

JessM Sun 04-Dec-11 14:01:50

polish silver shock

gracesmum Sun 04-Dec-11 14:07:49

blush I know - I think it was thinking about Christmas Dinner and decorating the table and getting the good stuff out - sorry!blush

jingl Sun 04-Dec-11 17:01:39

gracesmum, that is such a sign of Xmas anxiety! shock

Stop, now!

pats gm on head arm, soothingly.

bagitha Sun 04-Dec-11 17:56:36

Glad you're better, gracesmum. I know you are because only very energetic healthy people would even think about polishing silver during convalescence wink. Mind you, it might be a sign of feebleness of mind after the illness, so we'll let you off.

This time.

Jacey Sun 04-Dec-11 18:01:15

So sorry to hear of all your traumas gracesmum ...have been away for weekend with out access to internet.

Glad you are on the mend ...think a hot toddy may be in order!!

riclorian Sun 04-Dec-11 18:22:20

Hi gracesmum, I have just caught up with this thread and you have my sympathies. although I am pleased you are feeling better - don't over do it .My story is a little different from most , my DH is quite happy to look after me and also 'cook' for me . I say cook but his only cooking skills go as far as scrambled egg . Believe me if you have scrambled egg three times a day you very soon get better !!! He is a very clever man !!!