Gransnet forums

AIBU

Radio Listeners!

(106 Posts)
mrshat Mon 26-Mar-12 17:04:13

I listen to Radio 2 when at home about the house. I enjoy the Jeremy Vine programme but he is away quite lot. 'Locum' presenters are usually OK but Vanessa Feltz (on this week) really upsets me. Does anyone else find her 'style' quite rude or is it just me? confused

mrshat Wed 28-Mar-12 18:16:41

Missed it today Jings - one of my 'working days'. She does annoy me the way she cuts people off, yes, so rude. shock

Mishap Wed 28-Mar-12 21:53:36

Radios 3 and 4 for me, and CFM when radio 3 does this completely barmy thing in the evenings and stops broadcasting music and has people talking - if that was what I wanted when I am tucked up in bed reading a book, I would switch on radio 4. R3 used to be brilliant, then it had a change of policy - very disappointing.

artygran Wed 28-Mar-12 22:03:59

Radio 4 mostly; my allegiance to Classic FM has seriously waned - every time I put it on (mostly in the car) all I seem to here is b****y Roderigo or the Anvil Chorus! And the adverts drive me potty.

Annobel Wed 28-Mar-12 22:49:41

When Classic FM started, every time I switched on I heard Eine Kleine Nachts Musik. After that, I think they bought a few more CDs

Barrow Thu 29-Mar-12 09:35:57

I always listen to local radio except for between 12 and 2 (can't stand the local presenter on then). I switch to Radio 2. I like Jeremy Vine but agree about Venessa Feltz - so full of her own opinions she won't let anyone who disagrees with her get a word in edgeways.

wotsamashedupjingl Thu 29-Mar-12 10:35:58

Radio 3 seems to be getting like that at any old time Mishap. hmm A lot of talking going on this morning meant I didn't get my piano music until I was out of the bath and dried! Had to perch in the nuddie on the edge of the bath to listen. (It sounds so good in my bathroom).

They even had some sort of quiz going on!

Just give us the music!

Pennysue Thu 29-Mar-12 18:36:47

Radio 4 all day and most of the evening, though I do have to turn off some of the news rather than keep shouting at the radio. I wish we got the news and not so many views. Radio 4 is a godsend for my Daughter in the US - she can find out what is happening in the rest of the world.

blossomtime Tue 03-Apr-12 12:06:33

I listen to radio 4 extra during the evenings and at night, classic fm during the day and sometimes radio 4. I find that radio 4 extra has a huge selection of programmes and some of them go back to my childhood. By listening to the radio I can also do other things without missing out.

yogagran Tue 03-Apr-12 18:54:14

Usually I prefer the peace and quiet so don't very often listen to the radio these days. Can't seem to stay in one place long enough to get the continuity of it. But sometimes I used to listen to Zoe Ball on Radio 2 on Saturday mornings. She has now been replaced by Annika Rice. Zoe always sounded as though she was having fun and her voice was "smiley", in contrast Annika has a very boring voice so I don't tune in on Saturdays any more.

One of my favourites from years ago was John Peel with Home Truths on a Saturday morning, I do miss him sad

wotsamashedupjingl Tue 03-Apr-12 18:55:22

Zoe has been standing in for Ken Bruce this week yoga.

yogagran Tue 03-Apr-12 18:58:15

Yes wotsa - I did catch a short bit of her programme yesterday. Lovely to hear her again. She's fun!

Anagram Tue 03-Apr-12 18:58:19

Yes, you can always tell when it's the school holidays - Ken's off! I don't mind Zoe Ball, but I think you always miss what you're used to...

wotsamashedupjingl Tue 03-Apr-12 19:14:36

Does anyone else listen to Jamie Cullen's jazz programme (on now) just to hear his gorgeous, sexy voice? Yes, I know he's practically a little boy, but still!!! hmm

jeni Tue 03-Apr-12 19:18:44

Radio4and world service

Riverwalk Tue 03-Apr-12 20:43:30

I too miss John Peel yogagran - Saturday morning's just not the same, although I quite like the new chap, the vicar.

wotsamashedupjingl Tue 03-Apr-12 21:24:08

I can't stand that vicar!!!!

wotsamashedupjingl Tue 03-Apr-12 21:24:22

Sorry! blush

GrandmaH Mon 09-Apr-12 16:01:07

Radio 4 keeps me sane & makes me shout out loud sometimes! I love some of the comedy shows. Little Britain & Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy were much better on radio.I wake up to it & listen most of the day but then I need a burst of music & it has to be Absolute Radio. Radio 2 has too much inane chat but I can zone out of the adverts on Absolute.

Annika Mon 09-Apr-12 18:33:33

I like radio 4extra, a few chuckles to be had on there. grin

Nanban Tue 17-Apr-12 08:19:27

I didn't hear it, but I guess pasties could be a VF no-go area. Isn't it strange how some people's faces just fit - she has absolutely nothing going for her and yet is in constant employment. What is it we don't know about her - come to think of it - she shares every last detail so there can be nothing

Carol Wed 18-Apr-12 20:51:12

Not heard from Jingle for a few days - has she gone on holiday?

Anagram Wed 18-Apr-12 20:59:04

I think she has retired gracefully? Her profile is gone.

Carol Wed 18-Apr-12 21:08:13

Her profile has been gone for some time, but she was posting until a week or so ago. Hope she's ok. smile

Anagram Wed 18-Apr-12 21:16:12

Oh, I was sure I'd been looking at her profile not long ago, then suddenly her name went black. So do I hope she's OK confused

Nonu Thu 19-Apr-12 11:54:13

I like "heart" nice up to date songs and cheerful