Gransnet forums

AIBU

Radio Listeners!

(106 Posts)
mrshat Mon 26-Mar-12 17:04:13

I listen to Radio 2 when at home about the house. I enjoy the Jeremy Vine programme but he is away quite lot. 'Locum' presenters are usually OK but Vanessa Feltz (on this week) really upsets me. Does anyone else find her 'style' quite rude or is it just me? confused

vegasmags Sat 11-Aug-12 18:00:41

I'm a big fan of Radio 4 and Radio 4 Xtra. I suffer quite badly with tinnitus and find that speech radio is the most helpful to help drown out the internal cacophony. I do love music but find that I have to make a conscious effort to listen to it. Having music on in the background just gets lost in the tinnitus.

lillian Sat 09-Feb-13 17:31:24

i am currently going each day, to feed my friends cat, while she is abroad, i have switched the radio on for him as the house is so silent, as he has been alone for 6 weeks now apart from my visits. going through the differant radio stations i discovered there was only one station he would possibly be comfortable with and that was radio 4....lots of human voices and not endless music,and he seems very content with this choice, he sits and washes himself and lays down on the cushion beside the radio and sleeps....this is the station his owner listens to also...........has anyone else noticed that radio is comforting to animals......lillian.

ninathenana Sun 10-Feb-13 13:28:00

Only have the radio on on the odd occasion. DH listens to Capital Gold when he's in his office shed.

gracesmum Sun 10-Feb-13 18:24:25

They used to have music on in the greyhound kennels - I believe the dogs liked Radio 2(easy listening) grin

annaonweb Mon 11-Feb-13 09:59:49

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.