Gransnet forums

AIBU

It's Friday night, time to chill with glass of vino.. the front doors open, please help yourselves...:)

(87 Posts)
bikergran Fri 31-Aug-12 20:25:44

I have popped in and out this week, posted a few little msgs,and have lurked and read quite a few posts, and have noticed things seem to have got a little fraught this week....

DH in bed, cats asleep, tv off!

soooo I thought a few glasses of wine brew and cupcake for anyone driving/tea total smile

The wine is on the left as you walk in, brew and [cupcakes] on the right, coffee is in the perculator next to the microwave, just help yourselves, plenty of soft seating and cushions scattered around, some nibbles on the table.....

winewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewine

winewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewine

brewbrewbrewbrewbrewbrewbrew

cupcakecupcakecupcakecupcakecupcakecupcake
should be enough to go round smile

enjoy your evening, tomorrow is a new day gringrin

whenim64 Sun 16-Sep-12 21:49:42

Cheers anno. What sort of wines did you enjoy when you were holidaying last week? I love shopping for wines in France. Every single bottle seems to be a bargain, in comparison with the UK wine

annodomini Sun 16-Sep-12 22:06:39

Pinot gris, primarily. Not that I think wine is such a bargain in France as it used to be. We have a huge variety to choose from here from far-flung parts of the world that are competing successfully with French wine. Many wine makers in New Zealand have qualified as masters of wine in France and some are, in fact, French. Cheers again wine

bikergran Sun 16-Sep-12 22:08:13

Roarrrrrrr roarrrrrrrr screeeeeeeech!!...swerve!!!!! engine off!!!.. ...........
........................ takes helmet off and swaggers in......phewwwwww almost missed it...was justg going to log off when I noticed grin

bikergran Sun 16-Sep-12 22:10:25

oh! heck! where is everybody? tut! missed the boat again..huhmph! hmm

glassortwo Sun 16-Sep-12 22:17:23

Hi biker your engine just woke me up I was having a nanna nap grin had a busy few days.

whenim64 Sun 16-Sep-12 22:36:41

Come on in biker and park your wheels. Here.....scones, cake, Baileys and some Prosecco we've saved for you! Tuck in - cheers! wine

bikergran Mon 17-Sep-12 13:30:09

well...I couldn' find anyone about..so I slipped into the lounge and just helped myself wine wine wine hic! grin I found Abba cd..wohoooooo I was boogiing quite nicely until your eighbours knocked on the door whenim64 so sorry about that..I shall go and apologise later grin

whenim64 Mon 17-Sep-12 14:00:43

Don't bother apologising biker he makes enough noise for all the neighbours! grin. It's more likely he was angling to be invited in.

Glad you had a good time. Thanks, ladies, for finishing off the cake and scones, and removing all temptation! grin

bikergran Mon 17-Sep-12 22:24:43

Oh shock sorry glass my exhaust had dropped off! so was a bit noisy! grin but all sorted now smile oh! glad your back, we missed you the other Friday!

glassortwo Mon 17-Sep-12 22:53:57

biker I need one of your parties, I am in a right mood with myself tonight!!!!

bikergran Tue 18-Sep-12 12:59:07

glass I hope today your mood has "lightened" smile and your day is a little if not brighter sunshine I'm sure someone will be along with another party before long (we all seem to need them now an again)...my little get together was a sort of chilled relaxing one..as Gransnet had been a little "fraught" that week..hmm but think all sorted now smile off to do some much needed decorating now (emulsioning the walls) etc so not doubt I shall need a stiff wine later ..although I may go Linedancing tonight..smile