Gransnet forums

AIBU

To ask people to read posts before replying to them

(81 Posts)
gracesmum Mon 10-Sep-12 14:40:27

Where a thread runs to several pages it is understandable and even excusable to be moved to post at the outset without reading through all the other replies/comments - life is just too short. Has this been the case perhaps?

Bags Mon 10-Sep-12 14:20:25

Maybe you're seen as, ahem, too robust, absent wink, and clearly this must be tackled robustly with random side wipes, oops, I mean swipes. Guerilla grannies, wot?

vampirequeen Mon 10-Sep-12 13:53:00

Oh dear I hope it wasn't me. Sorry if it was.

soop Mon 10-Sep-12 13:34:14

absent If I'm a guilty party, please accept my sincere apology. smile

AlisonMA Mon 10-Sep-12 13:33:28

Whatever!

absentgrana Mon 10-Sep-12 13:25:14

I get very frustrated from time to time when reading an interesting thread to come across a post where it is perfectly clear that the poster hasn't read the post to which she/he is responding. It's mildly irritating when someone just posts a random remark that doesn't really have a lot of relevance but it is infuriating when someone either patronises me as if I am a complete half wit or leaps to the barricades to defend something I haven't attacked. I think my posts are usually fairly clear and easy to understand so I am at a loss to explain why this seems to be happening with increasing frequency. confused angry